[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have these fucking lines on my face that make me appear older.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

I have these fucking lines on my face that make me appear older. Not only do I have the nasolabial folds, but also marionette lines and the skin under my eyes is sagging. I feel like a 40 year old man and look haggard but I just turned 24. This became more apparent when I started gaining some weight and it's still not going away after dropping 20 pounds. What else can I do to get rid of them? It's destroying my social life. Everyone always told me I looked younger than I actually was and now I look much older and tired than my peers. I drink nothing but water, exercise, wear sunscreen, don't smoke or drink and my diet has been shit for the past few years but I'm fixing that now.
>>
>>18591890
Maybe just style yourself more like an older handsome fellow? how are your facial hair genetics? can you pull off the stubbled look?
>>
>>18591894
I'd like to pull off the stubbled look but I can't grow any facial heard without it looking like a facial mess. My face doesn't look like it's maturing, but more like it's drooping kinda like and aids patient.
>>
>>18591905

Your face doesn't look drooping in your photo, OP
>>
>>18591908
Forgot to mention that's not a pic of me, sorry. They look deeper and more pronounced on my face.
>>
>>18591915
Botox was made for this. I'd recommend spending less time in the sun too. Wear hats when you're out.
>>
>>18591890
You really look like late 30s. Sorry anon, but that's genetics. Get some fillers in their but those will have to get refilled every couple months.
>>
>>18591929
I was hoping that it wouldn't come down to botox but you're right I'll look into all of that cosmetic stuff.. I wouldn't mind this if I was in my 30's but it sucks in your 20's. Thanks man
>>
>>18591890
People need to learn how to use sunscreen on their face at least.
>>
>>18591954
even just 10 minutes outside. google windshield face damage sun
>>
What's up Drake?
>>
>>18592009
ayyyyyyyy baby wan sum fuk?
>>
>>18591890
KYS BARRACK.
>>
This is just genetics, there's nothing you can do about it. It's an uncomfortable fact now that everyone is trying to be as hot as possible for as long as possible but genetics is still the single biggest factor for how you age (provided you live a somewhat normal lifestyle and aren't chronically smoking, drinking and getting no sleep).

Be happy that you're a man and realize that no one else is obsessing over your face exactly the way that you are. Plus, just because you look older now doesn't mean you will forever, age isn't a linear process, just like you used to look younger and now don't anymore.

In my opinion an attractive person is an attractive person. Whether they look their age or older or younger. Botox is gross and really hard to limit yourself with. Most people get this urge to "get everything" and end up looking like freaks of nature.
>>
>>18592078
Thank you for the solid advice. I can only imagine how it must be difficult for women especially since they're more harshly judged on their looks. It's difficult to come to terms with especially since it happened so quickly in less than a year but I suppose it's the healthiest and more inexpensive thing to do.

So you mentioned aging not being a linear process. Do you think that some of this premature aging can be reversed to a certain degree?
>>
>>18592110
It no doubt absolutely sucks, but age is also more complicated than having lines or not. Eg I am your age and don't have the mouth lines you talked about, one of my friends who's two years younger does. Yet you can still see that she's younger than I am. It's hard to put your finger on it but youth is not just in lines or tight skin but also your demeanor and no doubt details so small that you don't consciously notice them. Perhaps you know examples of this yourself, that you can just tell that someone looks youthful for their age but is still older, or that they have a lot of wrinkles for their actual age.
Of course people can 100% look older but then it's not just in some lines more or less but the whole picture.

And for what it's worth, I actually really like guys who look both fresh faced and have signs of aging, I think it can be a really striking and attractive combination. Especially laugh lines.

With not a linear process I mean that people age in jolts and do not necessarily follow a consistent pace, aka just because you don't look your age now doesn't mean you'll look forty in five years, it doesn't work like that, you might as well look like this for the next ten years. Reversing is not fully possible but being rested, happy (= relaxed, more playful etc) and well-hydrated makes everything look more youthful. If you want to try anything I'd look into stuff like facercise, it's a method to strengthen muscle tissue in your face to "fill in" places that sag. My mother uses this and it really works, although of course the possible effect is limited and you have to keep it up daily and not slack with doing them. The reason you don't really hear a lot about these kinds of methods is that muscle movements cannot make anyone nearly as much money as expensive creams can.
>>
>>18591890
(Without reading the other replies)

Morning routine:
Before you shave your face, wet it with warm-to hot water to open up your pores.
Be sure to take the time after wetting your face to exfoliate the skin by using a scrub (I like using "shea moisture hand & body scrub), work it in small circular motions going clockwise and wash it off with warm-to-hot water.
Shave as normal using warm to hot water while not going against the grain.
Afterwards, use a moisturizer with a SPF 30 sunscreen in it (I like "neutrogena clear face spf 30") -- you should be applying this to your neck as well.
Apply it every 2-4 hours if you're spending time outside.
I also highly recommend "Neutrogena rapid wrinkle repair moisturizer with sunscreen broad spf 30" -- it has accelerated retinol in it (use during the day after exfoliating/shaving your face).

Nighttime routine:
After applying sunscreen throughout the day -- wash your face with warm-to hot water using a gentle, non-foaming cleanser (Cetaphil carries a nice one) -- I use "Olay regenerist advanced anti-aging detoxifying pore scrub" and leave this on for two-to-five minutes before you wash it off with warm-to-cold water.
Apply a night moisturizer (I use "neutrogena rapid wrinkle repair moisturizer with accelerated retinol")

Wake up and repeat. Neutrogena claims you'll have visible results in just one week. My skin feels a lot better, much softer. I'm 26 btw
>>
>>18592137
She has a book (under this title) that shows many different exercises for different "problem areas", complete with pictures. Maybe there's even a PDF online but otherwise I'm sure you can get it somewhere for cheap. Also personally I would recommend using a moisturizing cream or oil and not just sun screen. Don't waste your money on expensive brands, just get something like almond/coconut oil or milking grease (cream). The great thing about using stuff like this is that you can always add ingredients you come across for specific purposes (like clearing acne).

Also if it's any consolation, take Leonard Cohen as your role model, in my not exactly unique opinion the sexiest man who ever lived - he had those deep mouth lines since he was very young as well. He even talks about it in The Favorite Game and says they make his face more masculine and serious and he likes them.
>>
>>18592148
Forgot to add but don't use a lot of these products (cream/oil), you don't need a lot. Try to touch your skin as little as possible even when washing, gently splashing it in your face and gently "tapping" the skin if you are putting anything on is better than rubbing. Make sure to always wash your hands before handling your skin, and do not use your fingers to get cream out of anything, use a spoon to not make it a clusterfuck of germs.

As for >>18592143, it's a fine routine but work out what your skin responds well to. If I wash mine with actually hot water regularly it becomes irritated and dry/flaky, let alone exfoliating daily. For other people it's absolutely fine and they thrive on it. Just keep in mind that if your skin responds bad to something, it could be that you're not treating it sensitively enough, try that out as well.
>>
>>18591890
>Having a few wrinkles is destroying your social life
How? Are you just afraid to go outside because you've survived long enough to show signs or age or are your friends just so petty that they don't want to hang out with someone who has a visible "flaw"

If you don't want to have lines on your face then stop smiling, laughing, frowning, ect. The lines

Sorry, this all seems really petty to me. I shouldn't say anything here, but I feel like I have to.
>>
>>18592137
You're right about lines not being a direct indicator of age. There's other factors such as skin texture, pigmentation, etc and you worded it perfectly. Maybe it's not just those lines but subtle differences overall that make me look much older now. It's hard to tell without comparing to old pictures.

I'll check out this book and commit to the exercises before trying something more drastic like fillers, as well as follow the rest of your advice and >>18592143 was also helpful. Leonard Cohen did age gracefully and also looked great in his youth, so it may not be as bad as I thought. Thank you.

>>18592184
Your input is appreciated, I always appreciate honesty. My friends are great and non-judgemental, I'm the one who seems to be experiencing these psychological issues from body image. You're right and my mind knows it as well but at the same time, my mind also tells me to avoid social interaction.
>>
>>18592242
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiXwYOtxcDVAhXjyVQKHSkrCDwQFggnMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.iflscience.com%2Fhealth-and-medicine%2Fscientists-confirm-people-age-different-rates%2F&usg=AFQjCNE9waD7e_kQe8oIdor6c9OBNo_8Kw

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiXwYOtxcDVAhXjyVQKHSkrCDwQFggtMAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.livescience.com%2F51506-aging-in-young-people.html&usg=AFQjCNFOKbeaM1WTby1404aFBK5pi1S-Fw

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiXwYOtxcDVAhXjyVQKHSkrCDwQFgg1MAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fscience%2F2015%2Fjul%2F06%2Fold-before-your-time-people-age-at-wildly-different-rates-study-confirms&usg=AFQjCNH1sigsySCUXVVwzav1Ik4HBPPgqQ
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.