[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's it like being someone who doesn't drink alcohol?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1500695239250.jpg (20KB, 337x372px) Image search: [Google]
1500695239250.jpg
20KB, 337x372px
What's it like being someone who doesn't drink alcohol?

I'm alcohol legal now and so are my friends so naturally all parties involve drinking now. I decided to never drink just out of a personal dislike of drugs and from what I've seen so far at a party with alcohol is that it's relatively boring since what was having fun by playing games etc is having fun by being drunk and sliding down staircases.

Is there anyone who could give me insight on what it's like for them to not drink alcohol?
>>
It's like being drunk on life
>>
Fpbp, and also non alcoholics will have a better life overall because they will be way more healthy than the alcoholics.

Do some research on the effects of alcoholism and alcohol in general, OP.
It literally makes you a retard.
>>
>>18591727
Do you meet many people that don't drink? The only person I recall who didn't was a teacher I once had
>>
>>18591679
Everyoneone except cunts are chill about you drinking non alco stuff, but you'll get semi-regular heckles about it.

Or you can just not go to pubs ever?

Depends on your social circle and countries drinking culture I suppose?
>>
>>18591733
Some man that I met at my community college, he literally has never drank a drop of alcohol because of some weird new age shit.

Even though he believes in some bullshit religion, he still has that healthy brain that you get when you're not addicted in anything, including computers and the internet.

Oh and he always was that one friend who helps the drunktards to get home, so that's a nice thing to do to your bros.
But you cannot save them if they get into a fight though.
>>
>>18591679
You'll get laid less and it'll be a little harder to make friends but it's not that bad
>>
>>18591679
I don't drink, mainly because I don't like the taste of beer, wine or liquor. Aside from being designated driver a lot, it hasn't damaged my social life.

I will warn you of one thing, though. When you are the sober one among people getting drunk, it's like they have a digital counter on their foreheads and you can watch their IQs dropping as the evening goes on. They don't notice it, of course, but it can make some of them very boring.
>>
>>18591749
Yeah...just thinking about my country's drinking culture now which is pretty binge orientated
>>
>>18591679
I don't drink at all and none of my friends mind
they think it's cool I stick to my principles and accept that
I usually don't go to clubs with them because that's not my thing, but when someone throws a private party, I'm usually there and since there's enough who people who don't get too drunk, there's always someone I can still talk to
a friend's sister once tried to convince me to just drink a little because it was his brother and she was reaaaaally persistent, it go annoying at some point, but I didn't do it and am quite happy I managed to stick with no
>>
>>18591679
I used to be like you and never touched the stuff. Then I went to a big event and I was like "ok maybe just a few." I didn't get totally wasted to the point where I forgot stuff but I got decently buzzed. I had so much fun. I'm normally a super anxious and nervous person and when I was drunk, I was finally comfortable enough to be myself in public because I didn't give any shits. I was loud, funny, and happy. And people liked me more.

...nevermind, my life is a sham. I need help. Don't listen to me.

I should switch to weed to help my anxiety..
>>
>>18591896

I've lived with an alcoholic for 3 years. My uncle started drinking after discovering that alcohol was great at bringing him out of his comfort zone. He lost all anxiety and was fun and happy.
Until the alcohol ran out.

I believe when it comes to drugs you need to watch yourself and try to recognize when you've crossed that thin line between moderated recreational consumption and abuse.
>>
>>18591896
This pretty much.

Alcohol is a great confidence booster as long as you don't reliant on it entirely for your social skills.
>>
I'm 25 and never been drunk in my life. Tried it a few times but I don't like the taste. Admittedly, I do have a bad experience with an alcoholic parent, but aside from that I don't see the point. It's just some socially acceptable thing but there really is no benefit to it and it tastes like shit. I'd rather drink something that tastes good or just something else. I don't see what's so special about it, just seems dumb really and all of my friends were obnoxious or just felt like they weren't "present" because they were literally drunk and wouldn't remember anything or know what they are doing so I didn't even want to talk to them and just sat around until it was time for me to bring them home and chatted with the other non-drunk people.
>>
Get better friends - or at least find new things to do. What you've observed? That's what parties ARE. That's why people GO. To get stoned/laid. Would you go to the grocery to buy furniture? Would you go to a movie theater to buy socks? Then why go to an event whose sole purpose is inebriation, if that doesn't interest you?
My friends and I like to fish sometimes. We'll get up at 4 in the morning, grab some tackle and coffee, then head out of town to a nice river or pond. Sometimes driving an hour or more. If we're lucky, we'll be set up on the water's edge before dawn and get to enjoy the sunrise. There's one guy that always used to insist on drinking when we went out to fish. Even that early in the morning, he wanted us to pull off for beer and ice. Nobody else was interested, so he stopped coming. Because he wasn't there for the same reasons we were.

If all your friends want to do is drink, you're going to be miserable. I think you know that already.
>>
I used to go all out, realized I was using it to cope.

Now I drink a G&T (gin and tonic) and then just straight tonic water. Everybody thinks I'm some sort of drinking machine. I get a decent buzz, and then placebo carries me through the rest of the night, and I feel great the next day without regrets or stupid shit committed.
>>
I don't drink and I'm a friendless loser.
>>
>>18591679
It shouldn't be that bad. I know many people who don't drink and no one really had a problem with it. Some advice though:
>don't fake that you are drinking and don't fake being drunk
>have a non alcoholic drink on you (even put it in a red cup if you want) and use it for drinking games (they are just as fun sober) but don't try try and trick people that it's alcohol and tell them it's non alcoholic if they ask
>even though you aren't drunk, full try to be very relaxed, easygoing and energetic / hyped. The main reason people will try to get you to drink is if you are being 'stiff' and killing the mood
>people will probably tease you a bit for not drinking. Don't get offended / insecure and just laugh it off
>offer to be the designated driver so you have an excuse and people will want you to stay sober
Since I am in a very try hard academic university I know a lot of people that don't drink but still go to parties and it's never really been a problem. What country are you in op?
>>
>>18592163
Parties are more about socializing than drinking. And you don't need to be drunk to get laid lmao
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.