[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real talk, I am 18 and going to college, What should I major

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: thinking_man_PNG11595.png (796KB, 1169x916px) Image search: [Google]
thinking_man_PNG11595.png
796KB, 1169x916px
Real talk, I am 18 and going to college, What should I major in, I like tech, and i want an actually useful degree.

Help

I Was thinking about Computer science, but that involves a TON of math and I am bad at it, But something that can net you a decent career that makes 60-120k

I like technology and I believe I am good with logical thinking and common sense Help please
>>
>>18591395
don't do computer science if you're not interested in algorithms, problem solving, math, and programming, and theoretical shit.

Can you be a bit more specific about what "tech" you like and what interests you about it? Do you just like computers? do you enjoy deconstructing cd drives and making CNC machines?
>>
>>18591418

>>18591418

I feel I am good with critical thinking, I and I enjoy science and I want something that will make me feel good after coming home after work, Sciences, I am learning how to program, and I like building computers, I need something that is useful, I know this is a meme, but My Myers Briggs personality type is INTP . So maybe something related to that
>>18591418
>>
>>18591529
I just don't want to be useless i have to have something that requires above average intelligence to attempt
>>
>>18591395
You're being kind of a retard today, OP.
But then again you're 18.

Anyway, so you want to do something technological or technical.
Like the other anon said, don't do CS if you want to do a fuckton of math and programming.

And since you like to program and building computers, then you can always get an IT degree or a computer reparation certificate, since the latter DOES make some good cash, but there isn't any more further career developments and you may or may not get replaced in the future.
Since I could always recommend you Electrical Engineering, but you would still have to learn lots of Math, Physics and a bit of Chemistry to get that degree, plus a fuckton of work in your major.

And repeating again, there's always trade school and certificates, OP.
They don't make you 100k or 300k/year like a normal engineering degree or a math one respectively, but it is still something that you could have a comfy life.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.