[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I want to be a rapper and I'll kill myself if I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4383.jpg (65KB, 750x586px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4383.jpg
65KB, 750x586px
So I want to be a rapper and I'll kill myself if I'm not.

What's the best way to go about this?

>get a job move to city rap and pray
>go to city with nothing jump off greyhound rob people and commit crimes making me a gangster and I can be cool enough to rap

What do I do? What city should I go to? I was thinking Chicago Miami la NYC or Atlanta
>>
>>18590693
You don't have to be gangsta to be a rapper anymore, anon.

50 Cent owns vitamin water and Drake had an in-ground pool

do you have soundcloud? post it here.
>>
File: 1491150562638.gif (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1491150562638.gif
13KB, 300x300px
>>18590693
You need to have overwhelming confidence and a bit charisma to be a rapper. You're going to have to kill yourself.
>>
>>18590693
can you create lyrics? is your target demographic able to relate to them? can you actually sing them? can you arrange them into a format that you can fix with autotune if you can't sing?

It's the same as achieving anything in life, you have to work at it, fail, and repeat.
>>
Rapper here.
You first need an online presence before you start randomly moving to cities.
>>
Treat it like a full time job anon. Brand yourself, make connections, develop a niche and find an audience. You can make it anon. Everything is possible with the internet. But first things first, take it very seriously if you want to make the big bucks.
>>
>>18590713
True most rappers now are metro sexual but they at least have the attitude and the background of being born places like englewood
>>
>>18590751
But there has never ever ever ever been a real successful rapper from a small town the closest thing I can think of is slim Jesus living a few minutes out of some Ohio town and he had no precense he was just put on wshh and made famous over night
>>
>>18590693

Unless you're going to be a hip-hop revolutionary, and actually stand for something, don't fuck with rap. It's fucking shit-tier music 85% of the time. It's for people who want to make the same money as successful, talented, and capable musicians but don't want to put in even half the effort. Wake up. Very few rappers are actually good. The ones that are came from extreme hardship in life, but not even that makes you a good rapper. You have to have a combination of that and very good lyricism... but that's still just scratching the surface. I'm not a rapper, but sure, I love SOME rap, even if I trash-talk it. If you're going to rap and fast money/bitches/drugs/other rappers/etc just stop right now because that won't amount to shit.

Learn an instrument. I played drums for not even three years and won an award from John Lennon's estate for the shittiest piece of music ever, I literally played a slow tempo and a tambourine. Sure we had a beautiful Hungarian girl on vocals, but we all poured my heart into it. That's what matters and that's why it went somewhere. Our band even split up and amounted to nothing but I treasure the moments we had together. My experiences helping my rapper buddies record their shit was not even close to the same.

If you really think you're different, by all means don't give up on your dreams. But chances are you're just the same as every other dumb mumbling fuck who thinks they're the next best thing. So unless you aren't, I wouldn't waste your time on (c)rap.

Why else do you think they call it the rap "game?" That's all it is.

Play some actual music.

http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.33114/title.study-shows-murder-is-leading-cause-of-death-for-rappers
>>
>>18591062
Get the fuck out of here with that shit cracker no one cares
>>
>>18591152
Srry Drake didn't mean to hurt your feelings :'(
>>
>>18590693
I've heard helium is a peaceful way to do it.
>>
>>18591152
feel free to end your life any time, poseur faggot
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.