[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about starting a youtube channel where I do music/tv/movie/game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Capture.png (369KB, 1417x724px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
369KB, 1417x724px
Thinking about starting a youtube channel where I do music/tv/movie/game reviews and talk about those industries.

Any tips for getting initial viewership?
How should I promote myself (preferably in a non-spammy way)
How should I go about monetization?
At what point should I chase sponsorships?
What equipment do I NEED to have?

Any tips on SEO or tags?
How often should I upload and how long should my reviews be?

I really want to start off and hit the ground running with this, I have about 6 hours of time that I can dedicate to this and it seems like alot of fun.

I'd like to be able to make atleast enough money to buy a new game every month and pay netflix.
>>
>>18590085
>millions of channels on YouTube
>only 100 actually make livable money
Enjoy wasting your time anon
>>
>>18590085
Hate to burst your bubble, but >>18590091 is right. Unless you cheese the algorithim for all it's worth, or are just a god at marketing, you're wasting your time trying to make a dime off YouTube.
Sincerely, someone trying to make a dime off YouTube.
>>
>>18590085
If you leave funny comments your channel will get more attention, if it gets stickied by a big YouTuber is another way to get views. One of my comments got stickied by maxmoefoe and one of my videos went from 30 views to 2,100 views. Keep in mind you need at least 10,000 overall to actually make a little profit
>>
>>18590091 >>18590098

I'm not trying to make enough money to live off of - I don't need to.

I'm trying to do this mostly for fun but I want to make the best out of it.

As I said, I really only need for it to pay for netflix and a new game every month.
>>
>>18590106
>He pays for netflix
Wew
>>
>>18590100
Certainly will do.
>>
>>18590106
Make money and fun don't go together anon. If you want to make any money your going to have to pander to an audience, which will stop being fun very quickly
>>
>>18590106
The thing is, "how to make money through YouTube" and "how do I make high quality content that I find enjoyable and am proud of through YouTube" are completely seperate. You can't choose one, and the other will follow suite.
>>
>music/tv/movie/game reviews and talk about those industries
Wow how original
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.