[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i really want to be a programmer but i can't find a single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1501188908769.png (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1501188908769.png
2MB, 3840x2160px
i really want to be a programmer but i can't find a single project that i want to work on, it just isnt fun for me anymore fellas. maybe i should just give up.

web development community is filled with pajeets and the shit just isn't fun anymore, and data science is too hardcore in terms of maths. everybody talks about how x language is shit and y language is also equally as shit and it just is fucking exhaustive.

i dont have any friends who are developers so i'm pretty much on my own in this quest of becoming some faggy dev. it's been about a year and a half and i've learned nothing but the bare basics of about 7 languages that i cant do fuck all with.

i just don't know what to do /adv/
>>
I used to be where you are. I had lost my interest in programming and started to not go on my laptop as much. You know what I did? I just started to work out as it was something new and now I've joined the Military and have some of the most amazing friends. But that's just me.
>>
>>18589618
>i can't find a single project that i want to work on
Uh, you see that picture next to your post? If you really can't even find one of those interesting enough to do, maybe you're not cut out to be a programmer. You don't seem to actually want to do it, it sounds more like people told you you'd be good at it.
>>
>>18589618

I am just starting studiyng concrete math, I am completely on my own, no college, nothing. I have no job so I do it to keep me sane, maybe someday it will become a job.

The feeling is to be completely lost, and to have to sacrifice every single fraction of your human life to achieve, maybe, something.
>>
>>18589820
You'll definitely get a job if you study hard, it's only a matter of when really.
>>
>>18589861

I'll be 30 in some months. I don't know how many chances I really have, maybe I'm old for the job market. But I'm willing to try no matter what.
>>
>>18589923
A rough estimate about age limits would be 35 for most places hiring in relatively low positions. Companies ask for 2-3 years of experience.

I guess you'll need to apply yourself and try to find a shitty job in the area you're interesting in applying. Banks and retailers will take you in, and I guess some companies must be looking for code monkeys; I know it sucks, but you need the experience ASAP.

Go to www.indeed.com and search for jobs in your area to give you a good idea of where could you be focusing your efforts and where you wanna work in the future.
>>
>>18590246

Thanks
>>
>>18589618
I did programming in highschool, got honours, and then stopped for some dumbass reason.

Now, at 30, I just picked it back up with unity and gml. Im making small retarded games to re familiarise myself with the basics, and im having a good time.

Why don't you make some games you'd play, or apps that you could use in your daily life, and if anything good or useful comes up, develop the shit out of it, and app market it?

But mostly im getting at do it for fun. Its my opinion that marketable hobbies you can do in your spare time should remain in your spare time until you have something sellable.

>bare basics

Youll learn better if its relevant. Its easier to learn complicated shit if theres an immediate need or use for it. Im not stupid (guess you kind of have to take me at my word) and i couldnt for the life of me wrap my head around calculating the area of a cylinder. Then i had a job where i actually needed to for a practical application. It clicked immediately. Also in highschool i was amazing at trigonometry simply because the teacher mentioned i can calcuate the height of a house by measuring out a line and calculating the angle from the end of my line to the peak.

You might be that type of guy. So tackle a game or app that you actually want, and learn the necessary shit as you go.

Get a dayjob. Take up a trade skill. You may find some very similar techy types in the electricians union.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.