[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My parents had a pretty serious fight because of a shitty subject

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 10-fights-good-100912.jpg (31KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
10-fights-good-100912.jpg
31KB, 600x450px
My parents had a pretty serious fight because of a shitty subject (but it's still important)
According to my mother and sister, my father didn't say nice things and said he'd break my mother's teeth, then got out of the house.

After that my mother was on her bed crying and all, she started acting hysterical, screaming, kicking and pulling at her hair (she even broke the phone I lent her's screen), then she fainted.

She also said she's done with it, didn't say nice things either about him, and told me that she would ask for a divorce (all of this while my father was out).

I really want them to stay together, I love them both, I'm too young to live by myself and I want to live with my parents anyway, plus I'm in a pretty important period of my life and I need their support, both of them.

I managed to calm my mother down and tried to reason her, but I'm still afraid she might do something stupid in her current state.

Please help me /adv/
>>
>>18589546
You can still have support from both of your parents even if they're separated or divorced. It seems like you only want your parents to stay together because it would make things easier for you, but their lives are their own. If they aren't happy and want to divorce, that's their decision.
>>
>>18589546
>I really want them to stay together,
I know, but maybe it's best that they don't for themselves. It is sad.

>>18589546
>but I'm still afraid she might do something stupid in her current state.
Do you know another family member that is neutral that can help or a least you can raise your concerns with? Or someone in your community? Maybe get some helpline numbers together? Mental health advice lines and the local sheriff.

Keep living as best you an and hopefully it will pass.
>>
>>18589561
It's not only about support, I'm not selfish to the point I'd want to stay with my parents just because it would ease things for me.
It's about having a stable household, about having them rationalize things and discuss in a civilized manner. And I know they won't be necessarily happier if they divorce, and that their issues can easily be sorted out if they just took enough time and effort to address them together.
We would have been in one hell of a mess if every fight resulted in divorce.
>>
>>18589584
Thanks for
>>
>>18589584
>>18589600
Thanks for your response* lol

My uncle's (paternal) wife is pretty close to both my mother and father and she might help.
The problem is my mother already called her during her hysteria and told her that she wanted divorce, that she couldn't stand that *beep* anymore, stuff like that

Other family members (except my cousin, that woman's daughter) would either take sides, aren't comprehensive enough or would try to help but wouldn't manage to.
>>
My father is still out btw, it's been one hour or two maybe.
Should I call him to try to sort out things with him (I'm afraid that my mother would think that I'm taking his side tho)
>>
>>18589627
Your call, but.. no, let it take its course. Make your mum a cup of tea.

(Srsly, get some numbers together so they are close by. You're in America? Get rid of the guns!)
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.