[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>3 people looking to rent, going through a letting agency

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: its a mystery.gif (998KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
its a mystery.gif
998KB, 250x251px
>3 people looking to rent, going through a letting agency
>we put an offer on a house on basis of "we are happy with the house as we saw it" - mainly relating to the pre-existing furniture
>agents say the landlord is happy to leave all the furniture, except for the obvious (TV, speaker systems)
>offer accepted by landlord (who currently lives there)
>take a week to pass all the referencing for the property, set to move in soon

I got a call today from the letting agents saying that the landlord now wants to take all the furniture out of the property.

To what level should I make a fuss over this? Ultimately letting agents / landlords hold all the power, so I don't want them to end up rejecting our offer (would they do this over the matter of furniture? seems like a lot of hassle for them).

But it feels incredibly fucking unfair that the offer we put forward was under the assumption "happy as seen", and now they're changing their minds? I want to dig my heels in but I do not want to lose the house.

Any advice?
>>
>>18588892
Was it in the contract or just word of mouth?
>>
If anything, ask for a lower rent price. You can argue that you aren't getting everything you thought you were getting.
>>
>>18588901
Basically word of mouth.
However the paperwork specifying our offer says "happy as seen", which is vague and ambiguous but did encompass the fact we expected the furniture to stay.

I don't know what the letting agents are fucking doing because we're due to move in on the 14th and we still haven't seen a contract but they've taken around £500 in fees.
>>
>>18588922
>However the paperwork specifying our offer says "happy as seen", which is vague and ambiguous but did encompass the fact we expected the furniture to stay.
Absolutely not, your "happy as seen" doesn't imply shit except that you were happy with what your eyes saw, which is not specify in any form. Plus, no written arrangement = no word on the matter, words mean nothing.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.