[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I abandon my family? I just realized they've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: lonely.jpg (2MB, 1492x1120px) Image search: [Google]
lonely.jpg
2MB, 1492x1120px
Should I abandon my family? I just realized they've been setting me up to play a huge prank/ruin my life in a way that's absurdly humorous to them. The only problem is they keep toying with me because they know I don't have a job that I can support myself with.
>>
>>18588795
Elaborate significantly how are they ruining your life? What is this prank? How old are you? why dont you have a job?
>>
Not enough details... But I'd keep using them until you can support yourself, maybe don't abandon them if it's unnecessary (more support is better for you)
>>
>>18588798
>>18588799

Long story short the last two years of my life have revolved around securing a student loan and going away to school so I can be a full time student and avoid graduating when I'm 29+ like I will at the current pace I've been doing.

So every semester, my parents have come up with an excuse that they can't co-sign a student loan for me. And they always tell me that right after insisting that it'll happen.

"Teehee anon of course I'll co-sign your loan, spend hundreds of dollars applying to all these schools!"

Only to literally laugh at me once when I asked for a loan, and then turn around and look at me like I've never spoken about it twice.

The fucked up part is I have a little brother that also attends college and he basically asked my parents once for a loan and he got his within a week. You judge that situation for yourself. I'm too old not have a definite life plan and it feels like my parents are messing with me in the most malicious way. I don't have any other options but enlisting in the military really. My family keeps lying to me and has wasted the last two years of my life. If I knew there was no way for me to secure money for college I could've navigated my life into something of a better situation.
>>
>>18588806
The problem here is a simple solution get a job i was a fulltime student and still managed to hold a full time and a part time job its taxing but its completely doable it sounds like youve fucked around and been very lazy so your parents no longer see college as a worthwhile investment for you so its time to invest in yourself go to work
>>
>>18588816
I worked fulltime for the last year while doing school part time. I've held a job almost continuously since I was 17. I never got "lazy", I just didn't want to go to school until about 2-3 after actually graduating.

On their end they might see it like that, I guess. I guess there's nothing I can do, it just sucks so much being lied to for so long and banking your dreams on lies.
>>
>>18588928
I get that man its hard to be disappointed my parents told me over and over as long as i keep my grades up theyll co sign a loan for me to go to school when it finally came time for me to go to my parents stole every last cent from my bank account (my fault for making it a joint account bc i started it when i was 13 and never changed it)then they kicked me out of the house i haven't spoken to them in about 4 years they "loved" me when i was providing free labor for my step mothers business but as soon as i was going stop being a cash cow they dropped me like a hot potato life isnt fair for any of us but we all gotta find a will to move forward
>>
>>18588942
That's harsh man. That's really harsh.

I need to stop licking my wounds and get over this. Never imagine a perfect life for yourself...
>>
Good luck man... I wish the best fate for you.
>>
Confront them, tell them how you feel.

(Post results)
>>
>>18588806
Your parents are probably narcissists. Your there punching bag. Get a job and move out dude.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.