[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an intense fear of driving. I recently got my permit which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1501123375361.png (71KB, 446x459px) Image search: [Google]
1501123375361.png
71KB, 446x459px
I have an intense fear of driving. I recently got my permit which I'm glad but I can't help but fear that I might cause an accident that can hurt someone. I've been having nightmares where I'm driving my car and the brakes always fail on me. Any tips on overcoming this? I do have very bad anxiety
>>
>>18588379
First, anyone in his right mind has the same fear as a beginner, and some of it all through his driving life. It's when you stop being aware of the dangers that you'll be in trouble.

Second, practice, practice, practice. The best place is a big, deserted parking lot, like for a shopping center that's closed. Knowing that there is nothing there for you to hit, you can practice all the maneuvres that scare you.
>>
I had this exact issue a couple of years ago after a car accident I had the week I got my license. I thought I would never drive again. My suggestion is to first drive short distances to routine places on roads you know well. With me, it started with driving to the library that's a short bike-ride to my house, and eventually placing myself in otherwise scary situations where driving is inevitable, like offering to pick a friend up from the effort. It will seem daunting, and you'll shake and sweat bullets when you start, but you just have to do it. Driving may as well be second nature after a month or two.
>>
>>18588394
*airport
>>
>>18588394
Thanks anon. I start another semester in college so driving there seems like a mission impossible. I'll do that
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.