[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's a question. I started listening to this self-help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

File: 1501392805229s.jpg (6KB, 181x250px) Image search: [Google]
1501392805229s.jpg
6KB, 181x250px
Here's a question. I started listening to this self-help book called No More Mr. Nice Guy. It was written by a therapist who discovered this "nice guy syndrome" plaguing many dudes these days. On the chans, we'd call them beta faggots/r9kers/Elliot Rodgers. I don't think of myself as beta, but I have a few beta habits. One of the habits I have is hiding my emotions at all cost, which has made me act manipulative when it would've been better/healthier/more effective to just tell the fucking truth.

But, I noticed when I started setting boundaries with people, like avoiding them because they tend to hurt my feelings, they get uppity. One of them has started referring to my behavior as being like a hall monitor, which surprises me. My current hypothesis is that when some people establish a kind of relationship with you, you disrupting it pisses them off, so they may do some rude shit between you having no boundaries to drawing the line. I have also noticed that some people's reactions have been "I don't give a shit about your feelings. You're not supposed to have feelings. What are you, a girlfriend?"
>>
File: 1492749431823.jpg (87KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1492749431823.jpg
87KB, 600x900px
>>18588127
I was into this kind of PUA stuff too about 5 years ago. I have to admit that I didn't learn much useful stuff, but it helped to gain confidence in general to approach people. Mostly liked the pep talk parts, like "you can do it blah blah". Talking about Tyler's "The Blueprint Decoded: Real Social Dynamics", I think the video series is up on YT for free too.

Another side of PUA shit people forget is that it doesn't work if you don't have any substance to your personality. You gotta be something. Are you a technician, artist, motorist, sportsman, businessman, guru, soldier? Who the fuck are you? Figure this shit out and develop your talents. That could be a very legitimate source of confidence, much better than anything you can ever find online.

Just my 2 cents.
>>
taking the whole beta alpha thing seriously is where you're already going wrong
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.