[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with ADHD? People always say I jump around topics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0381.png (249KB, 248x459px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0381.png
249KB, 248x459px
How do you deal with ADHD? People always say I jump around topics way too much but I don't even notice. It's really blowing my self-esteem. Any effective ways to get better at recognizing symptoms when you're getting annoying?
>>
>>18587787

Are you officially diagnosed as ADHD? Because nowadays, it has become a trend to self-diagnose yourself with mental Illness.
>>
I think I can help but you need to be a little more specific here.
How annoying are we talking about?
Are you medicated?
Would most people say you're smart or a little below average?
If you're a smart-ish person you can sometimes pass it off as thinking faster than you can talk. More info would help though.
>>
>>18587846
I have a lot of friends at the surface level but only one or two at that deeper level. It can be difficult to stay on one topic for a while (at least in person) and so I think people find it irksome but not to the point where I'm impossible to be around. I'm not medicated. I'd say I'm a little above average.
>>
>>18587861
Allright so you have like a million and one different thoughts at once, so make sure that the ones that come out of your mouth are the interesting ones. Don't bother trying to stop thinking so many things, just narrow in on the one that other people will wanna hear. Don't ramble try to keep things short and digestible. If you can, inject some humor when appropriate, it's hard to be irritated by someone you enjoy listening to.
>>
Came
>>
>>18587894
>Came here to give advice on ealing with ADHD >saw your advice
>holy shit that's extremely helpful
Thanks Anon
>>
Personally, my ADHD stops 2 ways

1) I get really serious and hyper focused on what I have to do, maybe out of fear.

2) Recently I abide "heart centered awareness" instead of in my head/brain (where thoughts are concentrated) so I easily avoid ADHD effects. This is a spiritual practice though, mine is "self-enquiry" (feeling for your sense of presence/existence) and it is felt around the chest/heart area, so I can choose to completely ignore the mind - it's like my ADHD thoughts are happening far away, unaffecting to me.
>>
>>18588450
How do you do #2?
>>
>>18588517
It may not be for you, I just threw it out there. If you're a little interested in "spirituality" here are guides i found:

>prahlad.org/gallery/nisargadatta/NisargadattaGita.pdf
By Nisargadatta Maharaj, an old sage.

>selfdefinition.org/ramana/Self-Enquiry.pdf
by Ramana Maharshi the other famous sage

>wearesentience.com/uploads/7/2/9/3/7293936/hunting_the_i_expanded_version.pdf
This is by Edward Muzika, not well known at all but he's a student of both those 2, and the other 2 I recommend getting to know before Muzika... If you're at all confused with any of these guides, Muzika would say "keep feeling and looking within" (within your heart center, where emotions are felt, far away from the brain)

good luck whatever you do *e-hug*
>>
>>18588528
btw the Maharaj pdf starts on page 8, skip the long intros. All these guides are short and simple
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.