[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get straight A's as an incoming college freshman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

How to get straight A's as an incoming college freshman that barely studied throughout high school yet maintained a ~3.5 GPA with relative ease?
>>
>>18586561
What are you majoring in?
>>
>>18586568
Finance.
>>
Go to classes and pay attention. Seriously, you'd be surprised at how many people fail to do something so simple.
>>
>>18586614
Any tips for focusing?
>>
>>18586616
Handwrite your notes, don't take them on a laptop. And put your phone on silent and in your bag.
>>
>>18586609
Yeah, you'll have to study.

Best advice I ever got about studying in college was to start treating college like a job; something you're doing from 9-5p.

It's easy to waste time and get behind in college because you can have days with as little as an hour or two of class time and the rest of the day is yours to potentially piss away. No one is holding your hand like in HS.

If, however, you can train yourself to just kind of say "Look, between these set hours, I'm in school mode. Period. Doesn't matter if I have class or not, I will do some type of school work," you will always be on top of your shit, you will pretty much never have to pull any crazy all nighters or miss fun evening activities because you have work to do, and you will significantly cut down on the amount of studying/review you need to do leading up to exams.

Made all the difference when I learned how to do this in junior year. I'd go to the coffee shop near my dorm first thing in the morning, work till class, go to class, and then go back to the coffee shop to continue working until 5 every M-F. At 5, the whole rest of the day was mine. Which was perfect, because none of the fun shit is happening in college during the day time anyway.
>>
>>18586630
What are some majors that do and don't have to study? Just curious, I'm in no mood to change my major.

Also, what did you major in?
>>
>>18586644
I was mechanical engineering and physics.

You'll have to develop legitimately solid study habits in pretty much anything that isn't arts/humanities or certain social sciences. Even then, there's really nothing you can afford to just ignore until the week before the exam.
>>
>>18586656
How the hell did you double major? Did you take more than 4 years?
>>
>>18587763
depending on his curriculum he might have a lot of overlap
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.