[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my gf and I have finally gone public with our relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

So my gf and I have finally gone public with our relationship after four months of just enjoying our own private bubble. Her work colleagues are weirdly really excited about it. She hasn't dated in the entirety of the four years she's been at the company and it's clearly a novel thrill for them.

She's come home with stories every day for the last week about some new way her colleagues made a jab about her having a boyfriend or whatever. Like yesterday she's on the phone before she hops on a flight, and her team is giving her shit about, "Checking in with your man??!!"

Generally, I'd say it's people poking innocuous fun, but it sorta concerns me in this case; not because I think they're harassing her or anything, but because I worry about this behavior being a slippery slope for people taking her less than seriously in the work place. She's very serious about her career and she's 27 on a team comprised mostly of married guys in their 40s. I worry that this becomes a way in which they treat her like a kid or something.

It reminds me of the way people's perception of my old boss (female) changed when they found out her new boyfriend after her divorce was considerably younger. All these little comments to her about it that were, frankly, people getting a bit too familiar with their boss when they'd never had that kind of rapport with her before.

Am I seeing things that aren't there? Is it worth talking with her and just letting her know that there is a line that shouldn't be crossed? She thinks it's totally innocent, and I'm not so sure.
>>
relax
>>
>>18586457
Ok.
>>
>>18586404
You're overthinking simple shit. Stop.
>>
>>18586404
I think it's a legitimate concern because that does happen with women in the workplace, but it's a little too early to worry about it. No one's really crossed the line or anything yet.
>>
>>18586517
thinking non-issues are legitimately concerning is why that happens. best course of action for op is to relax before he starts creating problems where there aren't any
>>
>>18586404
OP you are way over thinking this, they are not ragging her about anything work related. Her peers are married 40 year old guys with one young professional female so they actually need something to banter with her about and you are it, harmless. Some of them probably had fantasies about her but would never make a move and now they know she's unavailable.
>>
>>18586529
>thinking non-issues are legitimately concerning is why that happens.

Pretty sure it happens because of gender double standards.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.