[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got a 10pm-6am job. How do I keep my friends if I sleep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: wtfcat.jpg (90KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
wtfcat.jpg
90KB, 660x495px
I just got a 10pm-6am job.

How do I keep my friends if I sleep all day? How do I avoid losing my mind on a night owl's schedule?
>>
>>18586292
You don't. It sucks. Life sucks. It all sucks.

You can't party late, you can't party early, you can't do much of anything, except hope you get Friday and Saturday nights off.

I'd always pop a nyquil right when I got off work, and hope to be in bed ASAP once I got home, and then try to be up around like noon-ish.

It was only like 5 hours of sleep, but I was only 20 so it didn't matter.

Also smoking weed helps, I pretty much had to stop drinking unless I was having beer in the mornings once I got off.
>>
>>18586292
I worked nights for almost a year. In the winter, you literally don't see the sun. You are on a different wave length than everyone because of your sleep schedule. I recommend looking for another job and putting in your two weeks after you line it up.

Night shift is for addicts and narcoleptics.
>>
>>18586292
Wake up at 1 or 2 pm and have a free 8 hours to do what you want. You can do stuff during the day mate. Join a gym. Find clubs.
>>
Sleep 1 cycle before work and 3 after. 1 cycle is 90 minutes. Been doing this for 25 years.
>>
https://youtu.be/AbzrsoWKjHs?list=PLDqvbgo0Nzgy1oD34DIeMA0NpK9hR8YgK
>>
>>18586427
Elaborate please. I'm about to graduate and I'm looking for a job so night shifts are an option for me and id like to know how to make it work the best.
>>
>>18586438
What don't you understand?
>>
>>18586427
Ok nvm I just realized what you were saying. So sleep 90 mins before your shift and sleep 4.5 hours after right?
>>
>>18586292
Also, this is a really solitary job, and I'm worried the isolation (at work and in my personal life) will get to me.
>>
>>18586319
Pretty much this. I'd avoid the weed in my case because it made me not want to go.
>>
Why not meet up with them at something like 7 pm for dinner before you pop off to work? Also you do have two other days if you're not working 7 days a week.
>>
>>18586292
Sleep after work, not before. Your social life irl and online will work best there. Your friends IRL will be off around the time you wake up or shortly after, your online friends in other places will be in their evening and gaming time. This worked for me for like 6 years on EST, I actually had more fun doing shit with people than I do now on a regular schedule of 8AM-4PM with my overseas friends being mid-day and at work when I wake up and asleep when I get off work and my rl friends only being available some days of the week.
>>
>>18586674
Okay, I'll try this.

I'm still scare.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.