[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 19 and my parents are too conservative and won't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: sad-teen.jpg (39KB, 448x300px) Image search: [Google]
sad-teen.jpg
39KB, 448x300px
I'm 19 and my parents are too conservative and won't let me have a boyfriend. I don't want to lose my family by leaving because that is what would happen but I don't want to stay alone either. They want to be the ones to find me a fiance and set me up but they keep saying I'm too young right now that I should be focused on school *sigh*
>>
Are they Muslim?
>>
Move out or quit complaing
>>
>>18586219
This. You can't live your own life living under someone else's roof and rules.
>>
>>18586228
if I move out they will disown me
>>
>>18586235
Fuckem
>>
>>18586235
If you're financially stable, then take their bluff and leave. Prepare for it first, then just leave.

Trust me, they come crawling back once the grandkids start popping up.
>>
>>18586235
>>18586239
Ok let me elaborate a little more. Your family doesn't always know right. Neither do you, but you are on your way up and almost 20 now. Your life no longer meshes with your family's. You have to leave and grow. Your mistakes will be your own and your accomplishments will be your own.

My family is wealthy but they sure as fuck aren't happy. I had to leave that toxic ass environment or else I'd drown in everyone else's problems.

Just stay in contact with the family members you actually care about and save face with the ones that you're not too close with.
>>
>>18586188
You should focus on studying tho
>>
>>18586252
I can't afford paying for college now and especially medical school in two years. My parents were abusive when I was younger so I don't think they will be the ones to crawl back per say they would probably pretend I'm dead.
>>
>>18586275
then don't go to college and get an actual job tard
>>
>>18586275
>My parents were abusive when I was younger so I don't think they will be the ones to crawl back per say they would probably pretend I'm dead.

A couple things:
Why would you care if they disown you then? They already value you at about shit all. Fuck em.

Sometimes your family might suprise you and eventually crawl back. Shitty people tend to crawl back.
>>
>>18586289
This. You don't need college to get a retail or waiting job. You'd actually be surprised what you can get without a college degree. That shit is just a bullet point on your resume.
>>
>>18586330
Considering most jobs want experience before a degree yes
>>
>Abusive family that controls their daughters.
>Arranged marriage.
>Medical school.

I smell a whiff of India.

You got dealt a shitty hand here, you'll have to sacrifice something to get out of it.

If you listen to your family you sacrifice your freedom and maybe love. If you don't you sacrifice stability and security and maybe family.

Figure out where your priorities lie.
>>
>>18586188
Fuck them, these retarded people don't see you as a human being and don't understand that you have free choice.
>>
>>18586383
I'm Middle Eastern/Mediterranean. But yeah you're right I just don't know which will make me happier. It almost feels like I would be unhappy in a way either way.
>>
>>18586479
Welcome to life unfortunately. Everything has it's pros or cons just weigh them and compare them. Personally I would leave the and do the best I could for myself, but what makes me happy might not make you happy. Good luck.
>>
>>18586479
>It almost feels like I would be unhappy in a way either
You for sure will
>>
>>18586479
Yes but being bound by marriage is worse than making it on your own. Best case you'll find a financially stable partner willing to help you.
>>
>>18586479
yeah. to hell with them on finding a BF for you. you find your own BF, and if they can't accept who you want to be with, then that is their problem. Just tell them that you will reject whomever they choose, so don't bother. If your parents get angry and demand you wil date and marry who they choose, then you're in a bad situation, and you may be better off getting the hell away from them. Once they realize you're not some little girl that they can lord over and dominate, you'll be better off.
>>
>>18586479
>Muslim confirmed

I got it right on the first post. Every time.
It's pretty funny how feminist and other liberal shit heads love muslims.
>>
>>18586847
I'm a Catholic from the Levant
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.