[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be thirsty during break >open break room fridge and grab

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: 1501702006837.png (100KB, 352x345px) Image search: [Google]
1501702006837.png
100KB, 352x345px
>be thirsty during break
>open break room fridge and grab redbull
>crack it open, gulp it down, head back to the floor
>working with customer, general f u c k i n g manager comes over radio
>clearly pissed someone drank his drink, asks coworkers one by one and states that if he finds out who and they dont tell confess they are fired for theft
>wellfuckthen.png
>finish with customer, walk over and apologize in the most professional manner i could and offer reimbursement
>simply says "i dont want to see your face, go home"
>clock out and head home 3 hours early

Stupid decision on my part, and i clearly have to deal with the consequences, but I've never seen the gm this mad. Maybe he was just trying to scare some sense over people on radio. This was last night, and i do not work until tomorrow. What would be the best course of action to handle this professionally? Drop in a four pack sometime today in the fridge or resolve it tomorrow?

He's been known to fire people on the spot for minor things, and we weren't on good terms already.

tldr; drank my strict manager's red bull from the break room in a no theft policy establishment, have until tommorow afternoon to not piss him off more
>>
Drop a 4 pack in there, save yourself. Where do you work at?
>>
>>18586015
This manager sounds shitty. But, be the better adult and apologize again and give him some red bull.
>>
>steal someone's shit
>wow why are they so mad?
>>
Maybe you just shouldn't steal people's shit, wow what an epiphany
>>
If it's not yours, why the fuck did you take it?
>>
Put a four pack in the fridge and apologize to him in person when you see him. Try to be natural about it because there's a good chance that he felt silly afterwards and you making a huge deal out of apologizing could feel like mocking him. Just quickly say you realize you were out of line, won't ever do it again and you hope he enjoys the reimbursement.

For future reference, many people see red when someone takes their food. This is an asbolute no go even within taking stuff that isn't yours.
>>
>>18586068
Because, retarded as it sounds:

>be thirst
>see redbull
>drink it

...was very obviously the full extent of OP's thought process. That's because he's retarded and why he obviously cannot do better than the clearly shit job he works at.
>>
>>18586033
>>18586041
>>18586085
I appreciate the advice. Most of my coworkers are bro tier and i figured it was one of theirs, and if confronted i could just owe them one. Would as soon as possible be better than when i come in?
>>
>>18586120
>Most of my coworkers are bro tier and i figured it was one of theirs, and if confronted i could just owe them one.
Still stupid.

"Yeah bro I just took your shit without asking but I'll get you next time :D"

Even if they are cool with it in the end it's still stupid to do. I'd let you slide but I'd be annoyed.
>>
File: 3lcwuf3se30z.jpg (41KB, 640x586px) Image search: [Google]
3lcwuf3se30z.jpg
41KB, 640x586px
>getting fired because you drink somebody else's red bull

american labor laws are too funny
>>
>>18586120
Yes.
If someone steals food from me I get extremely pissed. It's the worst kind of stealing because you steal something someone else might depend on or look forward to.
>>
>>18586120
If you work again in the near future I'd just stop by a bit before clocking in. For the same reason I mentioned earlier (not making too big a deal out of it in case he had a bad day and afterwards felt like he embarrassed himself with this amount of anger).
>>
>>18586015
Why are you stealing OP? If someone took my drink from the break room fridge, I would honestly never be able to look at them the same again.
>>
File: 2elXeLa.jpg (15KB, 552x504px) Image search: [Google]
2elXeLa.jpg
15KB, 552x504px
>>18586015
>>18586086
Sugary drinks like redbull don't even help with your thirst, it actually makes you more thirsty lmao
>>
>>18586463
How in the hell have you lived presumably 17 years of life and have never once drank a sugary drink while thirsty? That must be the problem, because otherwise you wouldn't post such retarded drivel. Be hot and thirsty, drink a coke, "oh no I'm so much more thirsty now!" do you really feel like this happens in real life? Honestly? Do you think coke would be so popular if it made you more thirsty when drinking it? Get your head out of your ass.
>>
File: 1492564647601.png (91KB, 240x255px) Image search: [Google]
1492564647601.png
91KB, 240x255px
>>18586463
Wrong, alright.
>>
>>18586865
When I used to drink Dr. Pepper I could usually drink 3 or 4 refills at a dinner out but with water I'm happy with 1 or 2.

Caffeine is also literally a diuretic.
>>
>>18586015
You steal and he's a mildly abusive shitlord. Advice: advance in life. You did the right thing by apologizing and not arguing.
>>
>>18586865
>>18586873
>Caffeine is a diuretic and causes an increase in urine volume. And high concentration of sugar is drawing off water as well because your kidneys try to expel the excess sugar out of the blood. When you drink a caffeinated soda to quench your thirst, you will actually become even thirstier.
Goddamn morons, get fired
>>
>>18586900
>caffeine is a diuretic
A mild diuretic. It does not cause the drink to be net dehydrating. Coffee is even net hydrating, and has way more caffeine than soda. Sugar "drawing water off" is a retarded argument because the sugar stays in your body, so the water stays in your body. Your body does NOT lose water by drinking soda. It gains water. Not as much water as when you just drink pure water, but it 100% does not make you thirstier. Learn basic biology fag
>>
>>18586015

If you're getting in trouble for drinking someone's drink to the point that you're worried about getting fired - it might be time to look into finding a new job.
>>
If you cannot do basic human function of self control, you aren't fit to work for me.

You didn't grab that red bull because you were soooo thirsty. Why didn't you go to a water fountain or sink if you were so desperately thirsty? Why didn't you ask someone if you can give them something in exchange for a beverage? Why didn't you try to purchase something while on break, since you were in the break room?

If a simple employee swipes a coworker or supervisor's meals or belongings without a second thought, what is to keep them from doing it with my goods/merchandise I'm selling?
>>
>be OP
>be unable to self control
>get caught
>be a dumb fat girl
>halp guize

Your GM is gonna make you his nigger / snitch / scapegoat. Have fun
>>
Don't steal shit retard
>>
>>18587463
This
If it's not your's don't take it, otherwise you're nigger-tier
>>
>>18586958
>Coffee is even net hydrating
It isn't, you moron.
>Sugar "drawing water off" is a retarded argument
It's a scientific fact.
>Your body does NOT lose water by drinking soda.
Factually wrong.
>but it 100% does not make you thirstier.
It 100% does.

You're a fucking moron and probably fat as all fuck.
>>
>>18586015
That picture already tells us more than you have to.
>>
>>18586015
If you're that thirsty, try drinking water from the tap.
Saying "I was thirsty" isn't going to fly when he asks why you knowingly took something that wasn't yours.
Buy a replacement and apologise, tell him it won't happen again and hope for the best.
>>
>>18586900
>>18586958
Biochemist here

Diuretics are often confused with dehydrants. A diuretic is simply an agent that causes increased urine output. Caffeine by itself does not cause increased urine production, which indicates that the diuretic effects of coffee are due to having just consumed a liquid and having taken a CNS stimulant. When you consume caffeine, all processes in the body speed up- heart rate, digestion, and you urination. Unlike some diuretics (like those used to treat edemas), caffeine does not appear to draw water from the body.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19774754
>>
>Redbull
Fucking disgusting. I'd fire you just for having no taste buds.
>>
>>18586120
It would probably be better to just never come back to work.

You'll forever be "the retard that stole someone's red bull".

Chalk it up as a loss and get a new job.
>>
I'd quit the job honestly. What kind of man child sends you home and throws a hissy fit over something so trivial?
>>
You shouldn't grab drinks that you didn't buy, what are you, 16?

That being said, I wouldn't work under that petulant shit for a single day. Threatening people over the speaker? Firing someone over a $2 drink? You might have made a dick move, but this dude is clearly one of those in a menstrual position to compensate for whatever control he lost in his personal life.

Lemme guess, divorced?
>>
>>18589082
>menstrual
Although appropriate, I meant managerial
>>
>>18588509
That still doesn't change the fact that when you're thirsty it's because your body wants water.
>>
>>18586015
Ahahahah you manager is a faggot

Holy shit what a small thing to be so ass blast over
>>
>>18590270
I know the type. He definitely goes nuts over anything that he sees as a slight against him. This job is more than he deserves in life, and he knows it, so everything is a threat.
>>
This thread makes me feel good because I'm retarded but not retarded enough to steal personal food items from my coworkers.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.