[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I could use a tip or two about dealing with insomnia It takes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1491229323216.jpg (101KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1491229323216.jpg
101KB, 1024x768px
I could use a tip or two about dealing with insomnia
It takes me 4-6 hours to fall asleep and when I do I wake up in like 30minutes ready to roll around. Sometimes i don't get to sleep at all
I feel like i'm going to collapse
>>
>>18585181
To fix your sleep routine, it would take examining a lot more information than you have provided. However, a good start is to treat your bed only as a space for sleeping, meditating, or love making. No reading there. No eating there. No videogaming there. No tossing and turning. If you find yourself unable to sleep once you lay down intent to do so, get up and do some light reading or balance your check book for ten or twenty minutes, until you feel ready to sleep, then lay down in bed again with the intent to sleep. It is important to connect your bed with only the habit of restful things in order to use it for resting.
>>
try using food supplements daily like "herbastress" (to make you calm) and "melasleep" (something with melatonin, makes you go faster to sleep). These are european and homeopathic, not sure if you will find in your country.
best solution go to doctor, they will prescribe real medicine
>>
>>18585251
Melatonin supplements can be helpful if used in the right way by developing a bedtime routine around them. No alcohol, cigarettes, video games, or intense TV watching while waiting for it to kick in, that is. Melatonin supplements should only be used to help develop a rhythm for restful behavior and not as a long-term solution to sleep problems.
>>
Have you tried not to fight it and just sleep later on during daytime whenever? Or isn't that an option?
>>
>>18585274
Naps are useful for an overall productive circadian rhythm (the 24-hour sleep-waking cycle). If you google it, you will find a wide variety of ideas about napping, some of which may require incredible adjustment of lifestyle. If you are adjusted to waking in the morning around 7AM to 8AM, the most basic and easily adaptable nap style starts somewhere around 2PM or 3PM and lasts no longer than 30 minutes from the time you start napping.
>>
>>18585181
Apart from anything said above.

Drink plenty of water during the day. Do not drink sugary drinks like juice, soda, etc. especially avoid energy drinks like Red Bull and coffee or tea.

Eat a balanced diet and be comfortably full at the last meal before bed but don't eat just before bed.

Get treated for anxiety or depression.
>>
>>18585181
How long have you suffered from this? If it's been more than a couple of days you have to go see a doctor ASAP. Severe insomnia is dangerous
>>
Viewing a television or computer screen before bedtime can contribute to insomnia. Blue light activates a person's instinctive alertness. This is a function that makes humans mostly diurnal (awake in the daytime, as opposed to nocturnal which is awake during the night) because natural sunlight contains blue light in its light spectrum, and our ancestors apparently found it to be a more profitable to be awake during the day rather than night, thus passing the specialized blue light receptors on to modern humans. The white light spectrum, pic related, contains all colors visible to humans, so even if a light source doesn't appear exclusively blue, it may contain some amount of photons in the blue wavelength. As said before, this can activate that part of your brain that tells it to stay awake. There is no exact cut off point before bed that you should stop focusing on a source of blue light, but it is something to consider cutting back on in order to sleep better.

Reading a paper book by non-fluorescent light is an alternate to consider. For what it's worth, reading a book on a digital screen will still expose you to blue light.
>>
Alcohol is sometimes regarded as a good way to put yourself to bed. While it's true that a booze-based nightcap can knock you out, alcohol interferes with brain functions which would otherwise permit deep sleep and the Rapid Eye Movement phase of sleep, which are the parts of sleep that are the most restorative. In other words, while drinking alcohol may increase the quantity of your sleep, it will probably decrease the quality of your sleep.
>>
When I can't sleep I beat my meat. The more you bone
>>
I CAN'T FUCKING SLEEP THE LAST TWO NIGHTS.
>>
>>18588530
Could you explain the events that led up to this moment in detail? If not detail, at least give the highlights? Just for reference, are you OP? I understand your frustration. I have been there.
>>
>>18585181
>>18588530
Same
I just fucking can't do it
I don't get tired unless I've been awake for at least 16 hours and this is terrible
>>
>>18588842
>I don't get tired unless I've been awake for at least 16 hours

So in other words... you are normal?
>>
>>18588868
16 was a very very conservative number
It's more like i absolutely just cannot sleep unless I have sleeping pills or natural exhaustion.

And when I sleep naturally, I stay asleep for 10 hours. So my hours keep getting pushed back.
>>
>>18585181
Set a tight sleep schedule
Eat well
Excersize
Go outside for atleast hour a day, preferably more
Don't go to your bed outside the sleeping hours
>>
>>18588900
Do you have daily obligations? Work, school, or volunteering? Having something that is regularly scheduled is useful for building a daily routine, around which sleep can be reliably figured into.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.