[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got a bade case of fear of missing out And I feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: MissingOutImg_1-900x578.jpg (66KB, 900x578px) Image search: [Google]
MissingOutImg_1-900x578.jpg
66KB, 900x578px
I've got a bade case of fear of missing out

And I feel like I've WASTED my life so far. I'm 18 and I've spent a good number of those years feeling trapped at home.

I wasn't popular, I have only ever been to two parties.
I've now left school and I don't have a single friend to show for it. I've lost contact with everyone because I don't know any social media.

I am depressed, alone and stressed. I don't like missing out and I have this constant feeling of having wasted my life.

I'm also insanely afraid of death. I can't fall asleep at night because I think of death constantly. It haunts my brain and it hurts to dwell on it, but I can't stop.

I hate my life
>>
Same situation here, OP. I'm 18 and I have friends who talk about having experiences with girls and shit, and I always just sit quietly trying to avoid having them ask me anything.

I don't have any "real" friends either, just some people I game with and maybe hang out with sometimes.

I also think that ill never quite get over the fact that I've missed out on young love. Having some dumb thing with a girl while you're both trying to figure shit out and experiencing everything for the first time with each other. I always see it in movies and shows, and it makes me sad because ive never had it and its too late for me now. I see pretty girls all the time and they just make me angry because I feel that ill never get one and ill miss out even more.
>>
>>18584827
Yeah, you put my thoughts into words for me.
I'm 18, don't even have any friends who are girls, yet alone girl friends.

The only two friends I keep into contact with never want to hang out. They are always too lazy or don't want to do anything more than just play video games.

The worst part is, I miss being in school, I miss the people I saw every day and I miss the opportunities I never took.

My life until now feels like it all took place in my fucking room
>>
>>18584798
>I feel like I've WASTED my life so far.
You likely have wasted a lot of time and you will waste it many many times again. This thread is likely waste of your time to. But that's ok. You have unimaginable amounts of time. It's completely normal to waste it.

>I am depressed, alone and stressed.
These are things you can work to fix eventually. Not everything has to be perfect now.

>I'm also insanely afraid of death.
How long do you think you should live so you wouldn't be afraid of death? I bet even if you had hundreds and hundreds of years to come you still would fear at least one day.

Think about this in another way: You could see not-being as the default state of things and living as something extra you get to have for awhile.

If someone came up to you and told you could go to live to a greatest house you can think of and have the greatest vidyas and vidya accessories there all expenses covered BUT you could only be there a week would you be sad that the time you have is too short or would you be happy you could have it at all? In the same way no one ever claimed life was going to last forever.
>>
>>18584798
Hey I didn't have friends at 18, I'm 20 now. Bro you just need to chill. Like I can't stress this enough just relax. Don't seek relationships, just interactions. Think about what you're doing for your future, nothing too deep just make sure you're making satisfying progress. Relationships are not what you should measure that by btw.

Nothing is easy but shit does work out.
>>
>>18584798
Life is a game of musical chairs; once you turn 25, whatever you're doing, you'll be living like that forever.
So sort your shit out, fast.
>>
nothing worse than 18 year olds going through some kind of wasted my life breakdown. motherfucker, you are barely alive. calm the fuck down.
>>
>>18584971
How old are you right now?
>>
You're a kid. A fucking child. Your life hasn't even begun. Get over yourself.
>>
>>18584798
You are actually in a very good place, one of the few times in life that you actually have the opportunity to re-invent yourself.

You're out of school. What's next - college, job, training, military? Here is the big fact about any of them:

NOBODY WILL KNOW YOU.

Nobody will know you're what you consider a failure. Nobody will know how many friends you used to have or how many parties you went to.

Whatever comes next in your life, you will meet new people. And none of them will have any preconceptions about you. If you can pull it off, you can present yourself as a Chad and they'll believe you. But even if you don't try that, you will come to them fresh and ready to be defined as you present yourself.

Forget the past. Don't assume the future will be more of the same. This actually is one of the very few moments in life when you really can start all over and get it right.
>>
I'm not even going to read the rest of your stupid ass post. Fuckin 18 yr old thinking he's missed out on life. Kinda bullshit is that. Get a life ya fuckin loser. Before you're 30 and in the same position.
>>
>>18584981
>>18585014
>>18585031
Literally kill yourself, society doesn't need more autists
>>
>>18585043
Take your own advice.
>>
>>18585052
Take your own advice
>>
>>18585055
Take your own advice.
>>
>>18585066
Take your own advice
>>
>>18

You're like a little baby. Even at 28 it's never too late.
>>
>>18585082
Take your own advice.
>>
>>18585084
See
>>18585043

>>18585085
See
>>18585082
>>
>>18584798
You're only 18. I know you feel like you wasted it, but the truth is your life hasn't really started yet. You can make changes. Join social media, start playing games if you like them, meet people that way. If you aren't comfortable doing it in person. Try to get out more, join a club. Look for a job or go to college. You will naturally meet people. As for the fear of death, well that's natural, but to obsess about it isn't. If it's causing you stress try to find a way to unwind. Maybe look into CBT therapy to help you identify and eliminate the thoughts
>>
>>18585043
>autists

you mean like an 18 year old child thinking it has missed out? go back to smearing your shit on the walls of gas station bathrooms or neck yourself.
>>
>>18585092
Nice projection
>>
>>18585043
See
>>Fuck off
>>
>>18585088
See
>>18585043

>>18585082
See
>>18585085
&
>>18585043
See
>>18585052
>>
>>18585101
>>18585099
Have a good look at
>>18585043
>>
>>18585110
See
>>18585082
>>
>>18585115
See
>>18585052
>>
>>18585095
no u
>>
>>18585115
See
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zFet32enj2I&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>18585128
2edge4me
See
>>18585043
>>
>>18584798
you won't get any new results by always doing the same things

get in a sport club, a band, or a study group, anything that involves interaction and that you can't easily back out from when you inevitably start slipping into old habits again
>>
>>18584971
Not true. I'm 26, and I've been working full time as a security guard, while living at home for the past year, and last time I checked, I have over $13,000 in the bank.

Hell, I've been told by my mom's huband, who is 60+ years old, that people will shift careers at least four times in their life.
>>
>>18584798
it's gonna get even worse
t. you but 3 years older
>>
>>18584798
I feel you anon.
I only have three good Friend, one from primary school, one from junior school and one from Highschool, I talk to them sometimes but these are the only personne I talk to.
I spent my first year at the uni alone without making friend and I am afraid that this degree won t get me anywhere.
I feel like shit physically, shit hair, shit pimples, shit baggy eyes and I am as thin as a twig except for my thick ass and thighs.
I want to turn my life around but I dont even know where to begin
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.