[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys so here is the deal. I am moving to a new city, not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

Hey guys so here is the deal. I am moving to a new city, not too far away but about 2 and a half hour drive, and going to uni. I'm going to have my own apartment, but I've never lived alone before so I am a little worried. I am most worried that I will get really lonely living alone. I've pretty much lived with my parents my entire life so this will be a big change. I consider myself an involuntary introvert, meaning I don't mind going out and doing fun things, like drinking at the bar, but I don't really have anyone to go with in this new city. I guess any advice about the loneliness thing would be appreciated.
>>
File: 1491900806848.jpg (46KB, 541x554px) Image search: [Google]
1491900806848.jpg
46KB, 541x554px
>>18584615
Don't make the mistake I made where every time I've lived by myself, I've developed alcoholism.

I recommend you stave off loneliness by spending maximum amount of time outside your 4 walls and around campus or something. If you have a weekend or something where you have to spend entire day alone, try to go to store, walk somewhere to get a take out or if possible, try to find out if any of your neighbors goes to the same school and then make friends.

Some other advice I can give from personal experience is that before you go, download a shitload of movies to watch. Movies are such a good way to spend that time alone. Also, buy some books, maybe even something related to field you are interested in.
>>
>>18584615
Well, first things first, the basics:
Cook.
Cleaning (clothes, your apartment).
Bills.
Buying stuff consistently.
Know where places like a hospital or police department are.

It might be difficult at first to get used to it because one does not realize how many things our parents do for us until we live alone, it will take you a bit to get used to live alone. And except you know how to cook well, you will be eating pizza quite a lot.

Having said that, it's a great opportunity anon, you can go to see your parents anytime you want, you have an apartment for yourself and nobody else, meaning you can meet people and take them there without worrying about who is there.
Loneliness, at least what I believe, will be the least of your thoughts because you will meet people at uni and you can invite them to your new home.
Now, about going drinking, it's okay, you will surely go with your uni friends or you can go alone, not a big deal. You can also go for a walk and get to know the city.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.