[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK, /adv/ this is half story, half question. My parents are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: assyrianlionhunt.jpg (212KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
assyrianlionhunt.jpg
212KB, 500x388px
OK, /adv/ this is half story, half question.

My parents are nuts. They are also charismatic ministers at an evangelical church, and well-known VIPs in our podunk hometown.

About twenty years ago, some starry-eyed new convert family gratefully asked my parents to be their child's godparents. My parents agreed - and decided this also gave them the power to choose the child's name. Being assholes, they chose RAHAB NEVEAH HOLY DELIVERANCE (surname).

The family awkwardly laughed it off, and named the child Katy Ann or something cute like that. Well, damned if mom was going to accept that. She just kept referring to the child by Rahab Neveah Holy Deliverance in front of the congregation, putting it in the birth announcements, writing it on the child's birthday cards until the whole community just went along with it and nobody dared call the child Katy.

As a kid, I thought this story was sad and kind of funny, and just filed it in memory under "evidence my parents are sick fucks, article #4368".

Now, though, my wife and I are expecting our first child, and my parents have already picked out a name, and are getting birth announcements printed up with said (awful) name on it. I have no problem telling them to fuck off, but I am also afraid that through sheer determination, they will make sure everyone in our hometown only knows the child as the name they picked out.

How do I keep my kid from being branded JEHU POLYCARP (surname) for the rest of his life?

Oh, and they are entertaining "squirrel" as a second middle name, or as a replacement for Polycarp, because it was the name of their favorite dog.
>>
>>18584230
I've never heard of a better reason to move than this
>>
>>18584230
Name your child after your father or something maybe they wont fuck with you
>>
Move far away from your parents and cut contact with them or just ignore them. They're insane.
>>
What about having a huge fucking naming Party where you do some kind of raffle and rig the shit out of it
>>
>>18584230
If I was you I would just have a fit whenever someone called your child the wrong name (if it works for your parents it will probably work for you)
>>
>>18584230
>want to name YOUR child after one of their favorite dogs

move or confront
>>
File: seal.jpg (8KB, 300x276px) Image search: [Google]
seal.jpg
8KB, 300x276px
>>18584230
This wins my Seal Of Upheaval as silliest thread of the day
>>
make name announcements yourself,
do party with name announcing, send invitations with normal name - just dont let parents get involved in process
>>
>>18584762
>>18584230

I live in Norway and if anybody and this just sounds crazy to me.
If anybody ever did something like this here it would be considered extremely rude and probably make a headline in the news.

If somebody did that to my child I would grill every single person involved i guess, and if they dont listen after that i'd be outa there cuz they are fucking nuts.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.