[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello there /adv/. Long time lurker, first time poster. I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: 1500790377107.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1500790377107.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
Hello there /adv/. Long time lurker, first time poster.
I was wondering if anyone could be able to come up with some reasoning regarding an awkward (and insulting) situation that's come up many times in my life. I would just like to preface this post with a little info about me first, so that we're on the same page! I am visually impaired. I use a really big monitor, along with a audio program to help me surf the web in my downtime. I live a normal life, but I just don't see very well. I have a job, some friends and coworkers, and an aid that comes once a day to help me do things I can't do on my own. I am actually really great ful for the things I can do, and I feel relatively happy about my life. It could be much worse.

That being said, several people have made comments to me that are sort of "untoward", and I don't understand where they are coming from. I feel like there is something I'm missing.

They always go something like this: I'll be in a situation where I'm alone with someone and we'll just be talking, then they'll either ask if I'm depressed or outright make a comment about how I am depressed. Most recently, I was at a family event and it was getting late, my home health aide came to pick me up and as I was leaving I heard my aunt say, "Aww, don't go, you'll just go home and be lonely." To which my family awkwardly laughed and told her to be quiet, but I could tell that they had talked about that at some point. Or another time, I was at work doing maintenance work when my boss pulled me aside and outright asked if I was depressed. I felt fine.

I get this a lot from various people. Why? In a way, I find it offensive, but it makes me wonder if they are interpreting sthing about me.
>>
since you have impairment, everyone automatically assumes you are depressed. its just the way people are. just ignore them
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.