[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the career path that I should go down if I want a low-stress

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

what is the career path that I should go down if I want a low-stress job that pays decently that allows me to have the time and energy to write novels on the side? i'm not courageous enough to devote myself entirely to art, at least until I have a secure source of money, but I do want to have the abilty to pursue it. Programming? Engineering? Law? Any advice is appreciated
>>
not law for sure
you will be as good as slave and very fucking much stress
>>
>>18583368
All of those are stressful, almost the most stressful possible, are you serious? Maybe if you can become a consultant or something, but you would need years of stressful job experience first anyways. Be a bank teller if you're ok with politics and sucking up. Really any job that you work part-time or 9-5 (exactly, no more, period). Going into education isn't a bad choice (on the administration side, not the dirty teaching side lol) How about library administration? It pays well and is clean.
>>
>>18583406
really, programming is stressful? it seems like it would be a relatively low stress thing. I can see the others being stressful, though
>>
I suggest you get a basic job in accountancy or any other kind of numeracy based work if you want free time on the side of your work

Engineering is honestly the worst kind of job for people who want free time and dont want to take work home with them, you are a slave to whatever project your company is working on.

Law and programming are also high workload careers and this is why they pay so well.
>>
>>18583368
>want a low stress job to pursue novel writing on the side
>programming?
>engineering?
>law?

are you goddamned kidding me?
>>
>>18583454
I was just naming random jobs you sperg
>>
>>18583410
Protip: Any job that sounds "impressive" enough to make your parents proud, is going to require pretty much all of your attention and energy. Especially if you want to have a personal life too, you're not going to get your novels written in addition to a real career.

If writing is your passion, then you should honestly be a security guard or a truck driver or something like that. A regular-ass job with enough built-in idle time to get some thinking/writing done while you're on the clock.
>>
>>18583464
so is there no way to not be a disgrace to my family until I get my novel published?
t. guy with lawyer/doctor parents constantly pressuring me to get a good respectable job
>>
>>18583472
Well, are you a good writer or not? Good writers are very well-respected, but it takes time to get paid for it. You'll need to make some money in the meantime, but you also need time to develop your craft and write the book, so... there's no perfect solution here. Humble yourself and get a dumb day-job like every other aspiring artist
>>
>>18583494
Yeah I'm pretty good. I couldn't imagine living without writing. That's how much it means to me. The only thing I'm worried about is my parents' reaction to me geting some dead-end job after paying for my college education. They're not very supportive of my writing, which is too bad, but understandable. I don't mind working a bad job, it's just that I don't want to disappoint my parents too much
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.