[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like to read but I tend to put it off because I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1501437940160.jpg (172KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501437940160.jpg
172KB, 1440x1080px
I like to read but I tend to put it off because I don't feel like I ever really absorb anything from texts.

For example, I can read a biography about a historical figure from cover to cover and if you ask me about it a week after the fact I'll be at a loss for words and will barely be able to remember anything that I read about them.. Unless I consciously drill whatever it is into my head over and over again, I always forget the bulk of it. It's like pouring water through a funnel, only a few droplets remain; it's almost like there's genuinely a hole in my head.

I always get kind of jealous when I see people present arguments and back them up by rattling off all of these specific details from things they've read, and they do this right off the top of their heads. If I try to cite even a minor detail about something I have to go back to it to make sure, and generally I fuck something up or miss an important detail.

I guess in more to-the-point and less politically correct times they would have just called me stupid. But no matter what you call it, it's not a great feeling.
>>
I had this same problem until recently.

I changed my diet completely and started doing more memory exercises, as well as physical exercises at home and I have improved a lot.
It could be the placebo effect for all I know, but all I care about is that it worked for me.

Regarding my diet changes:
I started eating more red meat, as well as more fish, more eggs, more chicken, more vegetables and fruits.
I'm also taking multi-vitamin and multi-mineral supplements, as well as an Omega-3 (fish oil) supplement.
Drink more green tea; it is said to help with memory.
I am also drinking more milk (2 cups a day; one in the morning and one in the evening).

Do some memory exercises; there are a lot on the internet.
>>
I am the same person who posted this:
>>18582453

I just wanted to add that I am not an expert when it comes to diet, so take my advice with a pinch of salt.
I just did these things and felt like they helped. I could be wrong, though.
I felt it was time for a change in everything.
>>
>>18582403
Don't be so hard on yourself.

Very few people can call up facts out of memory when asked out of nowhere - that's why school exams are so hard. The brain doesn't file things that way, but by associations. What will happen is that you'll come across some fact about some other person and suddenly "That's just like the guy whose biography I read last year" will pop into your head, proving it was there all the time.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.