[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Checked the catalog and while there were some similar threads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1493420107820.jpg (65KB, 720x521px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1493420107820.jpg
65KB, 720x521px
Checked the catalog and while there were some similar threads there wasn't one like this. I need help making friends. I moved to a new city almost a year and a half ago and I can't make friends. I've done the meet ups website and tried going to numerous local clubs but they always seem so insulated. I try to talk to people, or join in but it's like everyone is in their own group. It's a problem with my life in general that people always seem to just not want me around. I don't know if I'm just super awkward at conversation or if I'm just extremely physically repulsive or what. If I hear someone talking about movies or video games at work I'll try to walk up and ask "oh you guys are talking about X? That's pretty cool I like it too. Did you check out Y?" Then they'll almost immediately disperse. I'm pretty dorky and enjoy anime, video games and reading but do I need to get into a more adult hobby like cars or something to try different meet up groups? I literally have no friends and the loneliness is really getting to me.
>>
>>18582384
Problem is not you as a human being, problem is your approach. When people talk about Mass Effect, don't be like:

>Them: "...so I hooked up with Liara on the third blah blah"
>You: "Mass Effect, huh? I like Mass Effect too. Second was the best. What do you guys think about ME:A, huh?"

It comes off as annoying and obnoxious. Be more nuanced, like
>Them: "...so I hooked up with Liara on the third blah blah"
>You: "[insert random trivia fact about Liara here]"
>>
>>18582413
So more specific? I suppose I can try to be more aware of that but I hope another opportunity doesn't take too long.
>>
>>18582457
You got it, be more specific. Opportunities will always be there.
>>
>>18582384
Don't look for friends or even conversations.

Look for activities. Do something you enjoy in the company of others. You'll have something in common, and chat will be natural.

In a situation like yours I took a Beginners Cooking class at a CC. There were all sorts of people there, but one thing we had in common was that we were hopeless in the kitchen. We laughed at our own errors and each others. Someone suggested going out for a drink after class, and some of us did. A few of us formed the Friday Night Poisoners Club, taking turns cooking for each other to see if we'd survive. One day I suddenly realized I had friends.

If cooking ( or auto repair, or The English Novel) isn't for you, try doing volunteer work
>>
>>18582558
I can't cook very well so this might be a really good idea! Thank you!
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.