[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am trying to get my boyfriend to be friends with my friends'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: bhymhgzed.png (141KB, 730x290px) Image search: [Google]
bhymhgzed.png
141KB, 730x290px
I am trying to get my boyfriend to be friends with my friends' boyfriends, but he doesn't get along with them at all. I love my boyfriend, he isn't perfect, hes got major emotional issues (he gets angry easily, and seems to only be able to express anger, her bottles everything up... he isn't dangerous at all though). Hes incredibly sweet to me, but he comes off as abrasive to my friends and their boyfriends though, theres been multiple incidences where my boyfriend has rubbed someone the wrong way, or said things that were very insensitive.
I need advice on how to get through to him, to be more socially well adjusted... not only to be friends with our social group, but our relationship too, he doesn't express himself properly, and its making me question whether we should stay together.
>>
>>18581134
If he doesn't get along, he doesn't get along. It sucks, but what can you do?

The biggest problem women have regarding relationships is that they think they can "fix" men. You can't, especially if they aren't interested in being fixed (and if they were interested, they would be seeking counseling/therapy).
>>
>>18581148
I just need him to not be as abrasive, but he hates talking about why he acts the way he does, in fact he hates talking about his feelings... again, he isn't dangerous, he doesn't fight people, hes all bark, no bite for the most part and I know how to calm him down... I just think my friends' boyfriends would be a good influence on him, they're all in touch with their feelings, very progressive guys.
>>
remember when your parents tried to get you to be friends with their friend's kids
>>
>>18581134
Board games or DND
>>
>>18581186
>I just think my friends' boyfriends would be a good influence on him, they're all in touch with their feelings, very progressive guys.
It sounds almost 100% to me like you're trying to drag a /pol/ user into a room full of redditors. This isn't going to end in your boyfriend getting past his emotional issues, it's going to end in a multiple homicide while Die Wacht am Rhein is blasting out of his phone.
>>
>>18581199
I never really had that happen, besides, kids are awful, my friends' boyfriends are all really nice and easy to hang out with.
>>18581209
I have tried that, my boyfriend gets competitive and is really good at every game we play, and just dominates, he destroyed everyone at monopoly and it gets frusterating for people.
>>
>>18581236
>he destroyed everyone at monopoly and it gets frusterating for people.
Are you some kind of idiot? Next time break out the N64 and throw Mario Party 2 on, and make sure there's plenty of deadly weapons within reach why don't you?
You are practically sabotaging yourself.
>>
>>18581236
Get games where he's not a fag at

Like D&D
Either you play nice or your friends will tell him to fuck off

Sounds like your bf is one of those nerds who swore when he was a teenager, when he was listening to only metal, that he needed no friends were weakness

How many cargo pants and flame shirts did he own?
>>
>>18581243
Hes not really into metal, and he doesn't wear cargo pants or flame shirts, so I don't understand the stereotype. Hes really good at board games and crushes everyone when we play. I don't think I can get him to play DnD... it honestly seems like I'd be starting a tirefire if I did...
>>
>>18581236
>attempt to get boyfriend to socialize over a friendly game of monopoly
>destroys everyone at monopoly

holy fuck hahahaha this guy is awesome, straight out of an anime. I needed that laugh.

anyway I think it's awesome that he clearly loves you fiercely and protects you, and it's cute and caring of you that you want to get him out of his shell. but honestly it's like the other anon said, you can't put a guy like him in the same room with a bunch of normies and expect him to pretend to enjoy it. sounds like your boy is on a higher level than your friends' progdrones. try taking him out for coffee or go-karts. just some advice being a similar guy myself.
>>
>>18581250
He sounds like one of those fags who finds a way to break the rules and then smiles smugly as everyone else tells him it's no fun if he plays like that

AKA a Sperg who can't play well with others.
>>
>>18581236
He sounds fucking awesome.

I'm sure he needs to work in opening himself up. But I doubt pushing him to hangout with people he doesn't really like will help; if anything it will only be a drag for him rather than some life changing experience.

Try talking to him, tell him you want to know him better and try to constantly ask him what he is thinking in the moment. Some guys really don't care that much about sharing emotions or even don't know how to articulate them, but if you stay by his side and prove yourself to be understanding, open minded and loyal; he will eventually open up.
>>
>>18581134

I remember a sitcom episode dealing with this. Look, either you match with your friends or you have history with them. The boyfriends are strangers thrown together in the same room. It's like they're a bunch of random people riding the subway. How many people have you seen socializing in the subway or striking up friendships? Strangers don't even want to talk to eachother and you want them to become bros out of nowhere.

>I need advice on how to get through to him

No. You need to understand him better, because it sounds like you're the one not listening to him. I know this kind of guy. tl;dr he is idealistic and disappointed. He just wants to be left alone and gets very angry because while he doesn't bother anyone, the world won't stop fucking with him.

>her bottles everything up

Because he either doesn't want to bother other people and burden them with his problems or he feels you won't listen.

>seems to only be able to express anger

Because the bottle is spilling and anger is the one emotion that is easiest to lose control of. Your bf doesn't get angry. He *is* angry and when it shows is when he is being provoked and pushed over the edge.

>he isn't dangerous, he doesn't fight people, hes all bark, no bite for the most part

The guy is about to go berserk and yells in an effort to vent and not get straight up murderous because he is afraid of what he'll do. Don't dismiss him as harmless or naturally combative.
>>
>>18582137
continued

>he comes off as abrasive to my friends and their boyfriends

Perhaps because they're cunts?

>said things that were very insensitive
>they're all in touch with their feelings
>very progressive guys

They're definately cunts. Listen, your friends' bfs are numales. Anyone who isn't a numale scorns them and the women who like them because of their personality. Whiney, preachy, spineless, they have none of the qualities a guy admires.

Btw your bf is plenty in touch with his feelings. Disgust, anger and disappointment are feelings, and you keep forcing him to accept people who invoke those.
His love for you is also a feeling but I guess that doesn't count much to you.

>its making me question whether we should stay together.

You shouldn't. He deserves better. You have no emotional attachment to him. He is an accessory to you and you're thinking about discarding him over something silly like not getting along with temporary friends who are outside your regular shared social cicle.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.