[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me learn Algebra, anons. I don't get it at all. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: yuu 23.png (518KB, 682x564px) Image search: [Google]
yuu 23.png
518KB, 682x564px
Help me learn Algebra, anons.
I don't get it at all.
What helped you guys? I missed out on a lot of pre-algebra and algebra I things because of how much I moved during middle school. then I failed all of algebra throughout HS. I don't know what to do. I try to read the textbook but I either get distracted or frustrated out of my mind. I don't understand whatever the fuck I'm reading.

Khan Academy doesn't help, either. Sometimes it feels like the guy just hops to another operation for seemingly no reason at all. It's an issue with algebra as a whole.
I legitimately don't need any of this shit. It's never going to help me in life. I understand basic functions and that can be pretty helpful, but parabolas and complex shit like that? They're totally useless. I don't get it. I can't get it. And yet I'm forced to learn this bs to actually get somewhere in life. It's terrible, but I've accepted that I just have to learn it. How, though? How can such a fucking idiot like me get through the hell that is algebra? How in the fuck am I ever going to make it through precalc?
>>
>>18579895
Do you have any halfway decent teachers? Ask for the curriculum and then ask them what you should be able to do before starting the curriculum.

Work you way up from the bottom. You don't need to understand why or how something works jsut that it does.
>>
literally in the same boat and im starting my first semester of college in18 days from now...
try this https://openstax.org/subjects/math , they seem good but iv only reviewed 140 page of the prealgebra stuff, have no idea what im gonna do, im genuinely bad at math, rip.
>>
File: tanakayawn.png (34KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
tanakayawn.png
34KB, 128x128px
>>18579909
I have "teachers" but they are completely useless, in all honesty. I do online school and they're only there to call and ask you questions as a prerequisite to the unit tests.
They aren't on-call and even so, a phone explanation just does nothing for me. It doesn't help. People get frustrated when they try to explain algebra to me because I get lost on nearly every step.

>>18579914
I'll try to look at that, thanks. 140 pages is a lot of math, good job.
>>
>>18579895

I was gonna recommend Khan Academy but you're saying it doesn't work. The only way I would think that could be explained is if you're trying to do equations without understanding the fundamental mathematics underneath. I'd say you need to make sure you have the fundamentals down first, go farther and farther back and fill in all those little holes until you know what you're doing on the basic level, then progress forward.

>>18579978

It sounds like online classes are not the way to go for you. You need a private tutor, or to make friends with a classmate who will help you and who is friendly and patient. Nowadays some schools have math labs where you can go to work in someplace like a library and there will be students/staff around who you can work with one on one. Something like that would be a life-saver, especially used in conjunction with Khan Academy. Frankly, I think if Khan Academy isn't working for you you're not using it right. Try going back and starting out with the simpler stuff to be sure you've got it. If something doesn't make sense, watch the video again, at least three times, and if it still doesn't make sense, they have a place where you can ask questions so take advantage of that.
>>
just finished math highschool, going for programming college. you can teach yourself bascially, only way READING from a notebook is going to help you is if you're already good at math/know the matter you're going through.

What you need to do is actually solve problems, sure it's gonna take a fuckton of time, but here's a magic advice. listen to music while doing math. I can pretty much go for 5 hours while listening to music, it helps you relax and not get frustrated when you don't get it. If you don't know the problem, try looking up a solution to a similiar task online, we have this teacher that solved pretty much all of varieties of tasks in 4 year school system but it's in croatian.. if that doesn't work ask a friend

Hope I helped out even a bit.
>>
I found a cool android app recently called "Math theory". It has very well written explanations for many topics in mathematics, including algebra.
I was mostly interested in discrete mathematics and probability and statistics. Seeing as those topics were explained pretty thoroughly, I am assuming the algebra sections are also well written (I skipped them, though).
The app is free, and it doesn't ask for any special permissions, so I recommend giving it a try.
>>
>>18579895
if khan academy isn't helping you then you're not using it properly.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.