[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are you supposed to answer if either a friend or just anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 85391125.jpg (256KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
85391125.jpg
256KB, 620x412px
What are you supposed to answer if either a friend or just anyone asks you "how are you?" or if they ask you "are you okay?" (in the second case, if you probably appear visibly depressed).
Are you supposed to tell the truth even if you are depressed and suicidal? Is it okay to not look for help from them and to reject potential help by saying you are okay or just tired?
Is it a bad attitude to try to hide your problems from others even those who (truly or maybe not) care about you?
>>
Works for me. Nobody deserves to know how you feel. End of story
>>
Yes. You need to talk to people about that shit. i don't mean this in a condescending way but not like you have anything to lose, they asked you for a reason.

If you feel like you're a bother just smile and ask "do you want the real answer or the convenient answer" and ease into it don't just drop the in suicidal bomb
>>
>if you want their sympathy, or want to talk to them about it

"I'm just going through a rough patch"

This leaves them open to offer to lend their ear if they want to help you, or if they don't, so simply say "Sorry to hear that"

>if you don't want to talk about it

"I'm fine."
>>
>>18579367
>not like you have anything to lose
Well I'd be worried about losing their respect in some cases, or having them feeling sorry or pity for me, I'd hate that. Or worse, if they feel like it's their fault (it's not).
>>
Good advice though, thanks!
>>
watch this OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgL-Y7_bYo0

talking to somebody when you're feeling down can feel really really good
>>
>>18579373
>>18579373
I'd be more concerned about taking my own life than losing their respect. And people like when you open up to them and see you recover. I can tell you from experience it looks worse moping around for weeks or months for no reason. That makes them look down on you.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.