[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My downstairs neighbors smoke weed every day, and I have no idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5168.jpg (73KB, 531x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5168.jpg
73KB, 531x800px
My downstairs neighbors smoke weed every day, and I have no idea how to fix the problems it creates.

My cat wheezes when she chases her toys after inhaling this. That was my last straw. Also, less importantly, everything smells like a dead skunk 24/7. I moved out of my roachtrap ghetto apartment for a reason and am paying too much to put up with this shit.

What can I do? It's a five-person black family and I am pretty sure the dad could bench press three of me, so I don't know how to directly confront them. Their kids deserve better and shouldn't have to deal with moving, so complaining to management is also a little fucked.

Help.
>>
>>18578421
Call the cops.

t.pothead
>>
If it's illegal call the cops you twit. If it's not, then put in a complaint about public nuisance or something. Not sure what the violation is but it definitely is one.

If all else fails stick a hose through the floor where the smoke is coming from and pump gas through and run the fuck away, make sure everything is insure and your pets have been moved. This is not only a great way to solve the problem it can also make you a quick buck-a-roo.
>>
>illegal
>legal
discuss it with the landlord?
>>
>>18578421
Anonymous report to the police.
>>
>>18578423
>>18578427
I don't want to fuck with their lives in a terrible way. Texas cops are super fucky when dealing with drug charges, and I don't want to send the three kids to the ghetto when they need to find a new place with one less parent's income and a lease violation.
>>
>>18578447
Your Cat's health.
>>
>>18578431
I don't want to get the cops involved right away, and don't know how to talk to management about whether they would fine the family or kick them out without making it obvious that there was a current problem, or making it look like I was testing the waters myself.
>>
>>18578451
I know!!!

I hate this so much.

Do you know how I can convince a 6'4" black man shaped like a refrigerator to bake brownies for edibles because I care more about my cat than he cares about his children?
>>
>>18578447
>Don't want to send kids to the ghetto
>parents smoking weed 24/7 and fucking up your cat
>imagine what that smoke is doing to the kids right next to it
>if you care about the niglets you'll do it for them
>>
>>18578463
Sigh.

You know that whatever happens, the shitty parents will just keep being shitty wherever they move, right?

I dealt with my shitty upbringing by having access to a good school and repressing my mental health issues. Both of these things are harder to do if you don't live in a good place.
>>
>>18578447
>nigger apologist
your cat deserves lung cancer
>>
>>18578473
They won't if the parents are in jail where they're supposed to be.

Here's an idea. Get a knife and go carve those cunts up and then adopt the niglets are you own. Then you can do whatever you want with them and boom, 2 birds 1 stone.
>>
>>18578462

YOU: Hey Tyrone I know our relations arent really established but can you please stop smoking and switch to edibles because its effecting my cat and i dont like that.

TYRONE: that nigga getting high too huh

YOU:Yes Tyrone but i dont like that. Edibles are way better.

TYRONE:OOK OOK OOK

YOU: Well first off theres no smell second youll only need eye drops and third itll taste amazing

TYRONE: OK
>>
>>18578473
then go confront them about it and enjoy your consequent hospital bill
>>
>>18578478
No, I just think kids deserve chances to make themselves better than their parents. I made it, you know, so I feel bad for them. Somewhat relevantly, a part of making myself a better person is having a well-thought-out consequentialist morality system. So, unlike my shitbird parents who purposefully denied me resources because it made their lives marginally simpler, I'd like to do one better.

Therefore this thread to fish for ways to talk to people irl about this shit.
>>
>>18578488
>caring about people who would literally kill you if you just confronted them and asked them to stop
what are you doing? you know if they weren't niggers you wouldn't even need to ask on this board.
>>
>>18578488

>I want them to make it out
>Im not going to adopt them
>thread is actually about confidence haha

You can adopt those little fucks and mold to become successful. Youre acting like a liberal.
>>
>>18578483
...paraphrased, this might actually work.

I was stuck on how to bring this up. You think I could launch right into a topic implying "yes asshole I could get you kicked out" without it being too confrontational for them to pay attention?

Remember, they are terrible people who do not care for their spawn.
>>
>>18578502
That was a meme, it's more likely to go like this.

YOU: Hey Tyrone that smoke is fucking up my cat.
TYRONE: So what nigger you got a problem?
YOU: I was just won--
TYRONE: Fuck outta here white fuck
YOU: Oh, okay I--
TYRONE: *proceeds to stomp YOU*
>>
>>18578502
>terrible people who dont care for their spawn
>DIOS MIO PERO LOS HIJOS!!!

Stop contradicting. Kill spawn or kill cat
>>
>>18578500
The oddly repetitive insistence that I would be a good parent is both sad and funny. The most that will happen is that we stay neighbors and I lend them some age-appropriate books and extra garden vegetables. They're reasonably polite kids who will occasionally be seen studying outside, so forgive me for having an impulse to not fuck them over.

>>18578496
I actually don't give half of a wet shit about their useless parents. This thread exists because I am an emotionally exhausting person to people with a college reading level and reasonable amounts of patience. I don't want to be their friend, I just want to figure out how to talk about this without starting and possibly ending a knife fight with my neck.
>>
>>18578519
You can't confront them then, so all the other shit I said stands. You have to call the police or blow up the apartments block.
>>
>>18578512
I need to talk the stupid adults into edibles, fixing everything. Save that, figure out a procedure to see if management will fine them out of their weed money instead of skipping straight to nuclear option fun times.

I'm asking here to attempt to succeed in not being a dick before doing the obvious. Captain Kylie, one way or another, will chase the laser for half an hour strait within the month.
>>
>>18578519
You can secure not having that impulse by speaking to the kids and ask tyrone if you can help the kids with study. Youll help the kids escape the smoke and youll insure their decency.

You dont care about your cat lets keep it at truth
>>
>>18578525
Again kill cat or kill kids liberal. Nature doesnt give a fuck about your feelings or morals.
>>
>>18578502
>You think I could launch right into a topic implying "yes asshole I could get you kicked out" without it being too confrontational for them to pay attention?

I feel like passive aggressively acting like a bitch implying you could get them kicked out is more likely to get your ass kicked than flat out tell him if he doesn't stop you'll get his asked kicked out.

Just my 2c though.
>>
>>18578528
No, Captain Kylie > strangers.

It's just that also strangers > flailing convenient impulse with shitty consequences.

I'm trying to start with being reasonable, but don't know how to phrase anything.
>>
>>18578532
Of course nature doesn't give a shit. People basing their morals on the natural world is super fucked up though. I mean, just think about it. Multi-host parasite life cycles, cell line infections, hyena birth. Life is fucking gross and scary. You gotta think things through instead of running forward with the first thought that pops into your meatsuit because I promise that most of your impulses come from terrible places and are only prosocial by accident.
>>
>>18578535
Problem: Nigger smokes weed affects my cat and kids have a future. But im scared of tyrone though

Reason: I can asked tyrone if i can help with his kids education. Thatll make him trust me and i just suggest to switch and hell follow.

Win win

Feelings: tyrone is scary and the kids have a future but im so lazy but my cat is inhalibg weed my confidence sucks how ask tyrone for no weed?
>>
>>18578541
And thats what your doing.

>I dont want to be a dick though
>they are terrible parents
>i dont want to come off with a god vibe thoughhhh
>>
>>18578544
If you knew me, you'd make a few adjustments to the reason and feelings sections. I'm not lazy, and fear is not a motivating factor. I just know that with no preparation, a short social interaction about this will go to absolute hell. I know the weed won't stop, and I know that asking for a switch to edibles implies a lot of extra work that will only come from absurdly positive and rigged conversions, or implied force.

You suggest that doing some free tutoring is a good way to rig the conversation, and I'll take it into advisement. If you still agree after understanding that I'm an autistic nervous wreck who works 12 hour days and has no ability to understand Ebonics after a WASPy childhood and partial deafness.

Yes, wow, it sounds like a tumblr shitpost so I put off laying it out there. But that is where we are.
>>
>>18578551
How does not wanting to ruin three futures and recognizing shitty parents contradict anything I've said?

Also, "god vibe"?
>>
>>18578566
>I'm an autistic wreck who works 12 hrs a day feel for me

Tough shit comrade haul ass at work and get out of there. You clearly dont want to solve this issue.
>>
>>18578577

Its contradictory because youre like that liberal who wont house refugees yet advocate for more of them.

God vibe refers to you deciding their fate
>>
>>18578584
No, I want to solve the issue. I am unsure if you think your plan will still work, given the above facts. If you're still confident in the tutoring-before-request plan being a good idea, I'll put it down as a possible plan A. Just pointing out that complex systems fail in complex ways, and there are many weak points in your plan you were previously unaware of existing.
>>
>>18578588
Actions usually avoid fitting into the hard binary you're attempting to use here.

There is a stark difference between calling the cops first thing on impulse, getting the family kicked out without involving the legal system, or trying to talk to the parents to work something out. There are more options, and many of the options aren't mutually exclusive. All of the options carry a moral weight, some with shitty and unpredictable conclusions that in the jargon is referred to as "moral luck".

So, to not be a shitbird, you have to think about all of your options, plan for as many contengencies as you can, and then act based on the probabilities and how many resources you have.

For your refugee issue, a person, no matter how they vote, thinks about what will happen to the refugees in the different places different policies will put them, thinks about how much money they can give to aid programs, thinks about which aid programs are the most effective, and then acts.

As a result, you get a lot of people who have the opinion that getting people out of an active war zone is good, but that the camp resources are fucking inhumane. So they scrape up a few hundred dollars and try to donate it wisely. Most people don't have the room, income, or legal permission to indefinitely house refugees, so they use the resources they can and support not-shitty things.

There is no god, just us. If you think things through properly, you'll realize that you make value judgements about people's lives every day. Please choose carefully and with mercy.
>>
>>18578588
For this specific situation, I need to try the least risky actions first (discuss problem with parents), plan for an optimal outcome (map out conversations so they don't crash and burn), and make all of my plans using realistic projections of resources (time limit for Kylie's health, questionable abilities to have positive long-term interactions, my general inability to be a parent).
>>
>>18578640
You educating me on options when you were in doubt of all?

You dont care. Leave. Haul ass and leave. Again it all comes to kill cat or kill kids. And you dont believe in god so morality shouldnt be an issue. I dont also i belive in the pure land instead.
>>
>>18578647
Yeah thatll take a long ass time and your cat will get high.
>>
Leave an envelope under his door politely explaining that the smoke is affecting your cat's health and your asthma (they're more likely to care about that). Explain that you don't want or expect them to stop, but to instead consider ways of smoke dispersal that would help alleviate you.

Contrary to what everyone on 4chan believes, us stoners don't actually want anyone to know we smoke. If you are polite and non-threatening, any reasonable person would take that to heart. And he's fully aware that you can go to the landlord or the police, so making a clear effort to deal with your issue mano y mano will go a long way towards getting what you want.
>>
>>18578651
Are you young, or just high?

I was walking you through the moral reasoning behind picking least-risky options and making plans you can follow through on. All of this garbage ITT about calling the cops first thing or forcing myself into a parent role is very silly.

This thread exists because I'm trying to talk to the neighbors and have no fucking clue how to bring it up, what to say, what tone to take, or really how to do anything. I just know it needs to get done. Known unknowns, anon. Sheesh.

There are an absurd number of moral systems that make sense without theistic justification. I just happen to hang my hat on utilitarian consequentialism because that describes a world that makes sense to me given all evidence.

"Pure land"?
>>
>>18578668
Good bait.

Kill cat kill kids
>>
>>18578655
I want to get several good conversion templates down tonight, try at least one conversation tomorrow depending on the success of the first, and then probably talk to the office in person about report consequences so there's no record of the conversation. If it's a fine and there's no cooperation, I'll report and go from there. If it's eviction, I'll talk for a second time and try again.

The first time, I'll start the conversation by talking about offering tutoring. That's something, thanks guys.
>>
>>18578673
I'm going to go with young. Very, very young. Also unusually disorganized argument processing.
>>
>>18578662
A sane answer. Thank you so much.

Yes, I will pretend that the cat's asthma is mine. Good call.

You think a letter would be better? I thought an in-person conversation would be more urgent and sincere...
>>
>>18578684
So, if someone came to my door wanting to talk about the weed smell, the last thing I'd want to do is invite them in.

Understand that he will be put on the defensive right away, which is why I suggest a note, it will give him time to gather his facilities and assess the situation for what it is. He knows what the stakes are, so I wouldn't even acknowledge taking the legal route as a possibility to him unless you need to.

The man needs to protect his family, he won't get evicted for smoking weed. You can suggest a face to face, but notes are discrete and anyone talking openly about weed will appreciate that.

You have a gun to this man's head and he doesn't even know it. You need to show him that it's there, but that neither of you wants that trigger pulled.
>>
>>18578695
I see, I see.

I'll put the note on his mat before I go to work.

So, because it's a letter, and not the conversation, I can probably scrap the tutoring intro. It would just look weird here. Sorry, tutoring anon. It was a good idea for an in-person meeting.

So, I just keep it short and simple without being curt, and mostly talk about different ways he could avoid making a lot of smoke because of "human" asthma.

Any other suggestions? Once again, thank you so much.
>>
>>18578705
I'm trying to think of any other tactful way of putting it, because really there's no perfect way. I'd suggest slipping it under the door, if you know his name, address it. You don't want there to be any confusion as to who it's for, I'm just imagining some cartoon scenario where the envelope gets to the wrong person.

I wouldn't even suggest ways of dispersing the smoke. Even just fashioning a sploof and exhaling outside can make a huge difference. In all likelihood he just wasn't aware that it was bothering anyone.
>>
>>18578729
I'm not sure how else to phrase it, but I'll think about it.

What's a sploof?
>>
>>18578737
Take an empty toilet paper roll or plastic water bottle with slits cut into the end, and stuff full of drier sheets. Blow your smoke into that, it'll come out smelling like fresh laundry.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.