[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear /adv/ My girlfriend has been living with me for 3 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Controversy_sleeve.jpg (3MB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Controversy_sleeve.jpg
3MB, 2400x2400px
Dear /adv/

My girlfriend has been living with me for 3 years and has been paying me rent. Shes going on a one month trip to france soon. Should she pay me rent while she is on her trip?

Im ok with it either way. I had originally intended to charge her rent cause she is still living here and her stuff is here. To me, she pays rent because we are equals and that helps me pay for the house and the utilities and stuff.

She tells me normally when she was living with other people they wouldnt charge her when she wasnt there, which I understand.

What do you think /adv/?
>>
>>18578213
If you were renting from someone else, would you get to leave all your shit there and not pay rent for a month?
>>
>>18578213
Dump her. She's getting a baguette there anyways.
>>
>>18578213
she's your girlfriend, ideally she's not paying rent, she's supporting you (the plural you)
if you were married, you'd probably share your finances anyway, so it wouldn't matter too much.
in the end though, think about what makes sense to each of you.
do you need it? will she have enough in France if she pays you?
>>
good lad, dont let her pay rent when shes on a vacation, let her have that pussy bonus
>>
>>18578221
See that is the way I see it but I feel weird like I'm taking advantage of her sort of and she feels that way a little bit too cause she's not even going to be here.

But you are right, like, if we were married we would be sharing our finances.

She makes more than me and I am actually working two jobs at the moment so its kinda weird.

>>18578217
But you don't really treat someone you love that way. I don't even treat some of my friends who I'm only sorta ok with hanging around.

>>18578219
Yeah maybe lol, but most likely not.
>>
>>18578228
>But you don't really treat someone you love that way.
You can't let love get in the way of business. If you had shared finances, that woudl be one thing.
>>
>>18578228
personally I'd say take a reduced rent, since it's still both of you living there, it's not like she's just any other guest that would just move out when they find something better.
you're in a c omitted relationship and part of that is trusting each other (with money too) and also sharin and supporting each other
since you probably won't need all of the default rent, take a little less because it's still your shared house, even if it's yours on paper
>>
>>18578228
>But you don't really treat someone you love that way.

Ahahahaha yes you do. That sounds like a argument she tried to throw at you. Only when you're in dire need do people who love you handout freebies. It's not some "Well I guess I could let my niece writing on my walls slide" level shit

The apartment is both your responsibilities and there's no fault on your end to expect her to keep her end of the bargain of living with you when she's just going to fuck off to France for a whole month without (You). Besides you're not a provider you're her partner,she can't just go free while letting you take one of her burdens.
>>
>>18578526
>Besides you're not a provider you're her partner
>partner

This is the keyword here. You guys are partners, and should be acting like a team. You got your own place together, the place will still be here when she comes back, she isn't moving out just going on a vacation or whatever. Of course she sould have to pay her share of rent. Bills, whatever, i wouldn't let mine pay them, but definitely rent.

>She tells me normally when she was living with other people they wouldnt charge her when she wasnt there, which I understand.
Tell her to fuck off and live with someone else then, she isn't a partner material
>>
Update:

Its a house that I own and am paying a mortgage on. I have other renters renting rooms. She stays in the same room as I do so technically she doesnt have a room. There really isnt much of a financial burden on me.
>>
>>18578526
Thats not her talking that is my mentality. You dont treat your loved ones that way and when you do it kinda creates a distance that I am not really comfortable with.
>>
>>18578213
>>18578213
>france
>1 month
>you're not going
you got bigger problems op
>>
>>18578877
Boundaries strengthen a relationship, being a pussy changes it to one where you get taken advantage of. There are no good people, least of all you.
>>
>>18578213
errr, she sounds more like a roommate you fuck than a gf. Since that is so she should pay. If you were on holiday for a month your mortgage would still be due.
>>
>>18578213
Why are you not going with her?

You understand that she is going to fuck locals and other tourists every night she's there, right?
>>
>>18578213
Just tell her that month is on the house. Screw penny-pinching!
>>
>>18579852
would you be the boyfriend of somebody you don't trust ? no. If he is with her then he does. Stop projecting your insecurities, this is almost funny.
>>
>>18580113
All the trust in the world never stopped anybody from cheating
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.