[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth doing what you love or should I just focus on money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5999.jpg (183KB, 2048x1281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5999.jpg
183KB, 2048x1281px
Is it worth doing what you love or should I just focus on money for a job

Ive been taking Art seriously since 16 and had multiple job offers but at 19 ive come to an existential crisis as to whether I should pursue it as a career
>>
Get money squared off. THEN pursue passions. Most people who make money off passions started out with work before that, unrelated to passions.

IIRC Bob Ross served in the military, didn't he? Maybe I'm on crack.
>>
>>18578106
I mean I could do it professionally I just dont know if its worth it
>>
Get a separate job and keep your art for yourself. Sell it on the side if you want but don't make it your main job. That is how you kill your passion.
>>
Bitch do what you love! now! dont make mistake the same way I did. I thought i'll graduate from university, make enough money and enjoy art/crafts as hobby (i'll have enough money to bu supplies)- mhm.. dream on. by the way, everyone around me pushed me to get a good diploma, and leave arts as a hobby. Now in last year of university, I had more mental breakdowns than I had boyfriens, because all the time I had to study I couldnt do anything art related and now when I try to make something, i give up halfway because I lost my passion and my hands are fucking not the same way it was, i could make whaterer shit I imagined and now I touch something and it becomes real worthles shit.
and the most dissapointing shit is that, everyone considers me a "art person" (sculptor, painter and different things maker in one person -dont know the word). Even though I excel in studies I'm treated as "art person", and in art field I'm a piece of shit that nobody gives a fuck. Dont ruin yourself.
If you have enough money to pay rent for a year (or your parents could support you at least) then go for what you love, otherwise, after few years you will regret it
>>
>>18578100
Alot of people run into problems pursuing a passion as a career because they lack self awareness and do not realize they suck at their passion. Getting job offers is a sign you at least suck less than most people. You are young enough where you can burn a couple years pursuing something that may or may not work out. I say go for it but maintain that self awareness and if you arent making a living move it towards the back burner
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.