[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am about to finish high school and I just want to get the fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 1480093420526.jpg (4MB, 3840x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480093420526.jpg
4MB, 3840x1080px
I am about to finish high school and I just want to get the fuck away from here (South FL).
College here is expensive and requires a lot of time. I am also retarded when it comes to math (I can't even do Algebra 1, and I can barely multiply), that pretty much stops my chances of succeeding with higher education.
I want to live in the woods/mountains, away from the city life that I was raised in. Growing my own food, and raising animals.
The freedom to do whatever the fuck I want. In the city there are strict rules and building codes so you don't have freedom to do what you want on your property.
I want to breathe the fresh, and pure air. Free from contaminants, and pollution.
I want to be able to explore, camp, hike, hunt, and fish. I love all of these hobbies but I really don't have the chance to do them often (If at all, besides fishing) around here.
If I had a few cool neighbors, or local friends my life would be complete. I would help them out with whatever they need, and they can do the same. Plus the fact of being able to share all of these activities with them.

Am I asking for too much? How difficult would this be to achieve? Any decent careers that don't require a 4 year degree?
Would appreciate any advice.
>>
Become a farmer or ranger, idk. Considering you live in the US I'd say college won't be worth it.
>>
have you ever tried groving vegetables and shit? Its hard and annoying, if land is bad, then they grow shitty as well, there are bugs that eat leafs and then pretty much whole plant is good for nothing... if you havent tried it it will be hard, why dnt you go learn about forest or major in agriculture and stuff? There are always need for people who preserve like forests, national parks and other similar stuff...
>>
>>18578084

I think this sounds rustic and romantic to you as a teenager, and is going to be a much bigger hassle than you realize. A lot of this takes grueling physical work, and requires a ton of knowledge of the area you're going to.

You should strongly reconsider this.
>>
>>18578965
From what I here becoming a ranger is very competitive, and requires a degree. College is really not worth it here, but I may be forced to do it anyways.

>>18578967
I've never tried it but I am willing to try it.

Maybe forestry? But then again I will still need to get over the math thing, and pay quite a bit for school.

>>18579000
I don't like the city mate, it's not just an idea. I am held back from doing things I truly enjoy because of the area that I live in.

I am willing to work my ass off, and I am willing to learn. I just want to have a happy life.

Why should I stay in city? So I can work a 9-5 in the office, and be depressed for the rest of my life? That's not the life for me, and I don't want to be a corporations/governments little bitch.
>>
>>18579053

Hey, I was just throwing it out there. When you're freezing your ass off in the middle of winter in some backwoods cabin and you don't have enough food because you have no savings and lacked the experience to properly ration for the cold months, that 9-5 office job will look pretty damn good.

You make it sound like you're just excited to go on an extended camping trip, not spend every day fighting to repair your property, hunt, forage, and grow food, etc.

When I was your age I wanted to move to a small town and start all over too, working in a general store or whatever. It's not a good idea.
>>
>>18579062
You're making it seem a lot worse then it really is. Obviously I am not going to be way too far from society.

I just want to live in another area, where I can do all of the things that I mentioned. I will have a job as well, I don't have to grow everything.
>>
>>18578084
You live in Miami don't you?

Regardless, as someone who does, keep in mind this city/region just really sucks
>>
>>18579053

faggot you don't know how to live on your own, jesus christ

it's not fucking easy and if you can't do basic fucking math you definitely can't build a goddamn shelter

or you can just be a normal person that lives in a rural area of a small town
>>
>>18579109
Hialeah, but yes. It really does suck.

>>18579119

Dude I never said in the complete wilderness, just a small town in a state with lots of woods and mountains. I want my own land though so I can do a lot of what I mentioned.
And remember, I am young so I can still learn everything. I am definitely willing to work hard.
>>
That picture is BANFF is canada, alberta
>>
>>18579125
You from there? Beautiful place.
>>
File: qc.jpg (475KB, 1024x712px) Image search: [Google]
qc.jpg
475KB, 1024x712px
I am actually from Quebec, wich is also a beautiful place to live.
>>
>>18579134
Agreed, I would say that Canada is nicer then the USA.
>>
Canada has very less population then the us. Less civilisation leaves more place for nature. But the us are also great.
>>
File: pavillon_exterieur_thumb.jpg (36KB, 375x200px) Image search: [Google]
pavillon_exterieur_thumb.jpg
36KB, 375x200px
Thats my student appartement btw
>>
>>18579124
Well shit you live in the shittiest part of the shittiest city. I don't think you wanna go all mountain man, I just think you wanna fucking move.
>>
>>18579139
>>18579142
I like that though, a lot of population is bad.

That apartment is beautiful.

>>18579170
Very fucking shit, but I still want to move out of state. Like I mentioned though, maybe not in the complete wilderness but somewhat close to a town with nice woods.
>>
>>18579198
You're romanticizing it. Your current situation is shitty so you obviously start wishing for the exact opposite
>>
>>18579213
You don't fucking understand do you, I fucking love the woods and mountains. I also enjoy all of those things, but can't really do them.
When I went on a trip to Cuba I visited the biggest mountain on the island, and it was such a great fucking time.
I hate the city, I don't want to be here. It's not just an idea of mines.
>>
>>18579124
you would still have to pay for a house/cabin to be built or learn to make one yourself and buy land. so unless your parents are gonna pay for you to go be a hermit you would need to work in some job, with you being as stupid as you are it will probably being flipping burgers for years.
>>
>>18579265
I don't want my parents to pay for shit, I get money myself.
I am not stupid either, bad at math but am great at anything else.
Am not going to be a hermit either. You don't read much.
>>
>>18578084
what do you mean college is expensive there? community college is only about $1400-1600 per semester and free with financial aid if your parents aren't rich.
>>
>>18579393
Yeah I live in the same city, college is the same price as anywhere else unless you go to a private uni
>>
>>18579393
That's not the only expense.
>>
File: 1501029720533.jpg (81KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501029720533.jpg
81KB, 1024x1024px
>>18578084
Same here, anon. I kinda don't want to go to college and just live in a small village in the wilderness. But I know I can't because I would be a failure to my parents and friends.
>>
>>18579840
Mate do things for yourself, not for those around you. Do whatever the fuck makes you happy.
Nobody wants me to do it, but I will. Because I need to work on a life that will satisfy me.

Follow your dreams anon.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.