[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video games are a childish hobby. Are retro video games (e.g.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 1501196967947.jpg (283KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1501196967947.jpg
283KB, 1024x1365px
Video games are a childish hobby. Are retro video games (e.g. the NES) more, less, or equally childish?
>>
>>18577903
More childish. You're putting in more effort to play lower quality games.
>>
>>18577903
Who cares? Let people do what makes them happy, so long as you aren't hurting others or their property.

I swear, most people are just looking to reinforce their biases when they come here.

Also, there is no real request for advice here.
>>
>>18577959
Yes, there is. I'm asking if retro games are less childish, because I'm trying to quit playing video games but I still like the idea of playing old-school Nintendo with people who come over.
>>
>>18577970
Once again, it doesn't matter. Once every couple of weeks, me and the wife have people over, and play Smash Bros and Mario Kart on the Wii U. As long as people are having fun, what does it matter? The oldest person in that group is 32, the youngest is 28.
>>
>>18577970
Sounds like you're more concerned with appearing like an adult than actually being an adult.
>>
>>18577903
>video games are a childish hobby
No they aren't, there are full fledged adults that make big money playing competitively or on successful YouTube channels

>is it more or less childish to play older games?
Quit being so hard on yourself and stop giving a fuck about how others perceive you. If playing Super Mario World on the SNES makes you happy, then chase those secret stages
>>
Games aren't necessarily childish. They kind of were when they first came out because they were designed for children, but as that generation have grown up within a culture of playing computer games they've mostly become adults who play computer games with the associated media to match. Older people and people who never got into them growing up will spout the same old shit about them being for children, but generally they are projecting onto others. I mean, they often watch just as much television or will sink time into other media without prejudice.

One thing I will say though is that computer games can be a big time sink and it isn't easy without detriment to another aspect of your life to put 1,000 hours into something as you get older. This could be indicative of a life others would maybe define as childish, but that maybe isn't the right word for it.
>>
>>18577976

i do this too, but naked with a bunch of other dudes.
>>
>>18578014
Did you invite me to one once? I had posted about working in Hollywood
>>
Any "hobby" is childish. I mean what kind of a filthy human enjoys things. That's how you go to hell for eternity. Only real men enjoy nothing. That's how you know you're truly alive.
>>
>>18578062
Don't be so salty, anon. You're welcome to have fun playing League of Legends but don't expect any women to give you credit for it
>>
Who the fuck are you, my grandma?
>>
>>18578045

oh hey yeah thats me dude you can see the sign from my balcony
>>
>>18577986

This, video games are a business. You can buy their product or contribute to it.

Tons of hot girls play video games, to boot.
>>
video games arent a childish hobby, its better than being a series enthusiast or a couchpotato
>>
>>18578080
Why would I play that terrible game. Any chance I could have fun would ruin my life of being a real man and not childish at all. You said yourself women won't give us any credit for it. We must obey our women overlords. Our only worth comes from women.
>>
>>18578080
Not him, but my wife is playing Darkest Dungeon as we speak.
>>
>>18578124

Women dont play video games or go on the interent. Also if you play a video game women won't touch you. So I guess you're marred to a man I'm sorry.

If people can't tell I'm just deliriously shit posting because I can't fall asleep.

I don't personally think retro games are more or less childish. I think anyone that thinks video games are childish are probably the same type of people that lump all video games together regardless of when they came out. You know, those old people who call every single system a Nintendo. Or the really outdoorsy type who don't understand how anyone could stare at a screen for that long.
>>
>>18578177
We can all tell what you're doing. You're just not doing it well.
>>
>>18578080
One of my friends actually found her bf while playing League of Legends.
>>
>>18578181
Oh no I'm so sorry Internet stranger. The entire reason I even bothered to post was to make you happy :( how will I ever go on.
>>
>>18577903
>Video games are a childish hobby.
Yeah, just like movies, music, and books, right?
>>
>>18578442
Spoken like a true manchild.
>movies
Even if you only like shitty horror movies or romantic comedies, that's trashy. And on the other end you have Godard, Antonioni, Fellini, Hitchcock, Kurosawa, etc
>music
Same deal, can be trashy but never childish
>books
Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahaha keep telling yourself that muh Mass Effect so beautiful wow is a higher art form than War and Peace
>>
>>18577903
>retro video games (e.g. the NES)
>Here's my nes classic, I'm quite the retro guy amiright? It cost me $300 on ebay
>>
>>18579179
OP here, it's a real NES, you dip.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.