[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good tips for writing an effective Tinder bio that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

File: Screenshot_20170730-233642.jpg (773KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170730-233642.jpg
773KB, 1080x1920px
What are some good tips for writing an effective Tinder bio that doesn't put women off?
>>
>>18577355
Is this you? If so, you're attractive AF dude, no reason to worry.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170731-213731.jpg (1MB, 810x5888px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170731-213731.jpg
1MB, 810x5888px
>>18577372
Yes, but I don't get many matches and get ghosted by literally everyone. Here's an example from yesterday. I thought this conversation was going well, and then she's just gone all of a sudden, never to be heard from again.

I don't understand women and dating, and I am starting to feel like I should just give up.
>>
>>18577377
Bugs.. go easy on the paragraphs
>>
>>18577377
You should've transitioned into meeting up halfway through that shit

"Speaking of movies how about we watch something together sometime?"

Or whatever phrasing you wanna use, if you can get a corny joke in there even better
>>
>>18577355
>>18577377
I can't put my finger on why, but everything you've posted is just... no.
>>
>>18577377
I don't have much advice cause I don't have tinder (but I've been thinking of it), but it might be because you're upfront about wanting to get into a deep relationship with people. Most people on tinder aren't looking for that, and might even get put off by it.

The goal you have for relationships isn't bad, but it might be best to approach the early stages of dating more causally. People will get freaked out if you lay out your dreams and fears five sentences into meeting them. It's too much for anyone to process.

Maybe just work on yourself? It may be that you come off as a bit boring from the bio. Very few people are genuinely boring though, they just have struggles expressing themselves genuinely (and thus being interesting)

What do you enjoy doing? Try finding a new hobby or what interests you.
>>
>>18577386
It's because I spent my entire teenage life essentially isolating myself in my room, so I have very few social skills. I am functional, but not able to charm people naturally like others with that experience can.
>>
>>18577377
not saying you should be a dick, but you're on tinder, people are out to fuck, get to the point
>>
>>18577393
That's not it. The conversation you posted seemed to be going well, but there's something off about it and I don't know what that is.
>>
>>18577377
The bio is way too serious, you need to realise people aren't on tinder to find love.
Don't write so much in conversation, try and be more laid back and blunt. Don't send more than one message at a time because at the minute you sound like a less intelligent Patrick Bateman.
>>
>>18577397
It's probably because I am not a genuine person at all. I don't believe anything I say, and I have a ton of internal conflict over things. I just try to portray myself the way I think would be most effective, or would make the other person do what I want. I am a kind and quiet person on the outside, but my mind is just a whirlpool of thoughts and emotions all swirling around.
>>
File: 1499733345717.jpg (154KB, 1016x800px) Image search: [Google]
1499733345717.jpg
154KB, 1016x800px
Unisex
>Picture of you (no catfish)
>age
>height
>weight
>dick size/roastie (optional)

That is all.
>>
>>18577430
But I am less than average in terms of everything. No girl will be impressed by a 5'9 dude with a 5.5 inch dick. I am nowhere near Chad, and can't just rely on my body to get me by.
>>
>>18577416
That comes through in your conversation. You're saying what you think the other person wants to hear, and it's all very cookie-cutter. There's no personality to your conversation at all, it's just generic.
>>
>>18577439
I don't think I have a personality, and if I do, it's suppressed subconsciously by the fear of others being put off by it.
>>
>>18577430
Not OP, but is height and weight necessary? I don't have Tinder so I don't know how it is but that seems odd.
>>
>>18577355
Be attractive. Dont overexplain.
>>
>>18577355
I feel like you're looking for a relationship that's more serious than Tinder can offer.
>>
>>18577377

Save all the chit chat for dates man. I've the mistake too many times where i've texted girls way too much prior to meeting up and struggled to find things to talk about.. It was as if we were going back to what we already covered and awkwardly referencing it.

But if you are gonna text her novels, at least wait til you get her number. When i match with someone i just ask what they are up to, say oh that's cool or something then say "you wanna go out sometime?" If yes, then i ask for her number.
>>
>>18577377
You text in paragraphs as if you were on a forum. Keep it short with brevity and talk as if you were in person. The bio isn't important, the photos are, especially if they're group photos with friends.
>>
>>18577471
They're all selfies because I have no friends.
>>
>>18577476
That's bad, m8. You need at least one group photo so you don't look like a loner. If you are a loner as you say you are then you need to work from the ground up. Forget Tinder and focus on getting friends first.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170731-221719.jpg (415KB, 810x1989px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170731-221719.jpg
415KB, 810x1989px
>>18577497
Well I mean, I still get matches so surely it isn't the main issue, right?
>>
>>18577377
so boring dude
no wonder that you like david lynch so much because you write a screenplay after each of her messages
I really am trying to help you
>>
>>18577522
I know. I despise myself and am strongly considering suicide at this point. I'm so fucking abnormal.
>>
>>18577519
1. Your standards are too low. None of those girls are cute and you're not a bad looking guy.

2. >>18577522 is truth. You type WAY too much and come off frantic.

3. "I still get matches." Don't come onto this board asking for advice and then trying to convince us you're not a loser. It's TINDER. Unless you live in the boonies, you'd have to be hideous not to get a match.
>>
>>18577377
be easy on the paragraphs, straight to the point
>>
File: Screenshot_20170731-223255.jpg (662KB, 1020x1072px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170731-223255.jpg
662KB, 1020x1072px
>>18577552
I have absolutely no interest in conventionally attractive Stacies. All I have ever been attracted to are 4-6/10s, because I find them the most beautiful and unique, and that is what I am trying to get through Tinder.

I would kill to be able to marry and settle down with a girl like this for the rest of my life, but it's just fucking impossible for me to achieve.
>>
>>18577565
Not impossible. Not by a long shot.
>>
>>18577519
"hold you tight"

"cuddling"

why?
>>
>>18577565
>4-6/10s
>I find them the most beautiful
pick one dude
>>
>>18577577
I mean 4-6/10 according to the majority of society's apparent standards. My own standards are entirely different, and I am very attracted to natural beauty and girls with certain "flaws" in their appearance.

>>18577575
Because I'm fucking lonely and need human contact to feel like I have my life under control. Back when I was with my ex, whenever she would cuddle me, it would literally be the most euphoric and incredible thing that I had ever felt.
>>
>>18577355

1 - Create better flow, it sounds like a list you wrote down

2 - More comedy and playfulness, include a joke and re-write it with a lighter, more inviting tone

3 - Tinder is mostly just hookups no matter what anyone else says, if your wish is a long term gf look elsewhere
>>
>>18577377
>Fire Walk With Me
kys my man
>>
>>18577377
you make me feel a lot better about myself, thx op.

since nobody is really spelling it out for you what went wrong in this convo:
>talked about yourself first always
>talked about yourself A LOT without being asked
>always sending paragraphs full of useless shit
>preachy too
>talking about your interests without being asked in like every reply, shit
>finish off creepy af

with those notes, try sending shorter replies, primarily asking questions, and sharing things that are cool, or at least sound excited about the things you share, damn all it takes.
>>
OP, I have seen your threads on r9k.
You remind me so much of a man I used to love, but mouthier.
Tone it down a bit and you will have no problems.
>>
>>18577674
In what ways would you suggest I do that? I have proven to have very little self awareness, at least not enough to get me a loving relationship.

>>18577670
If I don't talk about myself, won't a girl find me boring? I do listen to what they have to say and show genuine interest, but I also feel like I have to prove myself and show that I am not just a complete recluse loser anymore.
>>
>>18577692
no its the opposite dude you literally just ask questions and don't talk about yourself unless it'd be funny, relatable, etc.
>>
>>18577692
(You) have been told a million times. Talk less.
At this point I feel like (you)'re just getting off on all the (You)s (you)'re getting for being cute
>>
>>18577355
You're attractive. Your bio should be stupid one liner. I made a tinder as a joke and I still get matches with "Constantly broke and consistently intoxicated" because it shows I'm confident and don't really give a hoot. Your bio is like a short story.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170731-233507.jpg (628KB, 978x1003px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170731-233507.jpg
628KB, 978x1003px
This girl is still responding to me. I think she's adorable and I'm going to try to do things right from now on and make her mine eventually.
>>
don't let them know about the piss bottles, at least not until the 3rd date
>>
>>18577355
Stop looking like you've seen some shit oh and btw after watching female friends use tinder nobody reads bios
>>
>>18577589
this is >>18577522
you're thinking about this stuff too explicitly. like don't proposition girls for 'cuddling' because it's in a way implied by getting close to a girl in general. you need to think about girls a lot because it's very obvious that you see yourself as hopeless even though physically, you've got a lot going for you.
>>
>>18577723
*you need to think about girls a lot less
>>
>>18577386
He sounds like a russian bot.
>>
>>18577377
Lmao I remember that thread. I told you you were acting too much like a friend.
>>
>>18577355

dont project things on to them. your profile says what you want out of a relationship, and it gives girls the impression that just about anyone will do if they meet some basic requirements.

romance is supposed to be special, but if you're looking for special it can't be. people always at least pretend to have a casual vibe because when they find someone who truly lights the spark in their heart it makes it even better.

but what you just described was your future life with an imaginary wife.

beautiful ginger man though.
>>
Op you gotta throw it into the mix how you wanna ravage her pussy too. Right now the girl i'm meeting tomorrow is sharing her favorite video games with me, but yesterday we hinted that we want to hit the sheets sometime too.

Don't just talk about twin peaks, talk about how you wanna slide your penis between her twin peaks.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170731-234113.png (355KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170731-234113.png
355KB, 1440x2560px
This is how you talk on tinder, you don't type paragraphs about movies you think they should watch
>>
>>18577874
Got the next part of that?
I'm good at flirting but I don't know how to transition that into meeting and boning
>>
Your Tinder bio should include at least 3 hobbies. One should be something you're passionate about, one should be something other people of any type can relate to (don't say music or hanging out, NEET -- everyone likes hanging out and listening to music), and the last one should be something that makes you seem diverse.

If you say "I like working out, going to car shows, and occasional visits to the art museum" or some shit like that it not only makes you seem interesting but it is not too much information for casuals to digest.

Next, you're going to want to pick PRIME pictures. Have 3-4 dedicated selfies (always set your primary picture to a selfie for reasons I don't care to explain), and have the rest be in some social setting, something outdoorsy, and something at an event. The number of each isn't too important, but you need to convey that you have energy more than anything. It's not about telling people you're a socialite, it's about telling people that you don't sit at home all day on your computer or phone and that you have what it takes to be a stud and be commit to conversational topics.

The rest of your bio should be small bits of information about you, things that are inviting or seen as essential. The typical "I'm a scorpio, I'm the middle child," whatever works, but tie it into you bio like it's organic. If you make a witty comment off the bat in your bio like, "I'm the middle child of the family so I know what it's like to smack siblings around. I can put yours in line if you message me," (this wasn't a great example off the top of my head, but you get the point), then it shows some sort of depth-humor, and something that could potentially be a conversation starter.
>>
File: 1500504098055.gif (384KB, 217x199px) Image search: [Google]
1500504098055.gif
384KB, 217x199px
>>18577377
>love a good rom com

Should have told her to fucking kill herself at that point. Disgusting.
>>
>>18577355
Too long.

Change it to something short and assertive.

>looking for something casual
>18m dtf, into trying new things
>post your height if you're tall and your dick if it's good girth/length

that's it.
Tinder is not for relationships
>>
I think i fell in love with my tinder match after 3 days of texting

Any advice on how i won't fuck this up?
>>
>>18577519
>>18577355
are you in portland, OP?
>>
>>18578522
Meet her asap.
>>
>>18578540
Shes currently on vacation, got to wait a week or so
>>
>>18578538
Nope, I'm Canadian.
>>
>>18577718
This is a good starter girlfriend. Give her the big ranga cock.
>>
>>18577589
> cuddling
Look up oxytocin, this is your euphoria.
It seems like you rant to much to soon and then say something borderline creepy. Save the cinema lessons for your date. Keep shit simple, find a similar interest, and request a date.
>>
>>18577355
>another tryhard hipster that wasn't even born when the first seasons of Twin Peaks aired

You're also pretty retarded, Tinder isn't meant for you sappy, pseudo-deep bullshit.
>>
>>18577377
stop writing paragraphs, feels like a fucking chore reading through that. You may fell youre not writing a lot but keep in mind that youre talking on phones not a laptop. phones make messages seem a lot bigger/longer then they really are.
also easy way to get to see her is by saying (since she doesnt like horror) you'll see those movies again with her
>>
Here are some boss ass Tinder types for all ya'll struggling with your Tinder game:

1. Shorten those profiles up. Put your height in there if over 6'. Otherwise just try to be charming or funny in a sentence or two. More than anything else, put something in there that's unique that she probably hasn't seen before. Specifically for the OP, delete that first paragraph. Instead put some funny ass joke about you being sheltered or something. Second paragraph is fine and shows you're down for chilling or doing outdoor stuff. Perfect.

2. DON'T STAY ON ONE TOPIC FOR LONG. Transition to other things after like 1 or 2 rounds of replies tops. The number one thing I see people do is talk waaaaaaaay too long about something. She doesn't actually want an indepth analysis of the movies, she wants you to say "yeah, I think they're pretty cool. Maybe we could watch it together sometime. I'd even be there for you for the scary parts lol" or some gay shit like that. Keeping the topics coming and fresh will make her think you're more interesting. It's all about keeping a flow though, so at least try to keep a flow to a convo.

3. Don't be afraid to disagree with her or have your own opinions. Just agreeing to everything makes you stale or makes it seem like you're just trying to get her to like you.

4. Write her as much as she writes you. Wait before replying. Standard rules.

5. If you like the girl and seem like you want to meet up, just ask. Make the date something with an open time limit, lets you talk, and something you can both leave right away from. Don't offer to pick her up or ride together. Meet at like a bar, coffee shop, park, ice cream place, etc. Even if you're just looking to fuck, she'll probably still want to vet you before you can just get to the Netflix and Chill stage where you'd just go over to her place.

6. Don't take this shit seriously. The one girl you matched with, but didn't reply wasn't your one true love. It's all practice
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.