[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is working in a gas station like? I'm thinking of applying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: caseys.jpg (58KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
caseys.jpg
58KB, 500x336px
What is working in a gas station like? I'm thinking of applying to pic related.
>>
my old rommate did it when he knocked up his girlfriend
>random as fuck hours
>you need to work during snow, rain, extreme heat
>not everybody tips
>keep yourself awake at 3am
>fucking niggers
>still minimum wage

i suggest looking elsewhere. food. retail. anything else.
>>
>>18577327
If you ever had a customer service or retail job it is basically the same thing. You have the regular you get to know. The ones near me are all self-serving too and only one dude runs the place for 12 hr shifts
>>
Wouldn't recommend.

>Worst hours ever, mess up your chances of having social life
>Most prone to shootings and robberies
>Working Holidays

Literally any job is better than convenience store or gas station
>>
>>18577351
>Most prone to shootings and robberies

Actually you are more prone to armed robbies when you are walking alone in the street. There aint no cameras like in a convenient store. There isnt multiple cameras like some stores have.

More opportunity in getting away pulling a jack move on the street vs a 7/11.

Although crooks know if a store has a good CPTED policy. This one shop kept getting robbed and shit stolen. You wanna know why? All the windows were blocked by beer posters, a thug just had to pick up the right time and get it. No witnesses cuz the windows were blocked so no one could see anything inside.
>>
>>18577333
>tipping at a gas station
I will start tipping when they start filling up the tank for me which hasn't been a thing in decades
>minimum wage
QuikTrips in my area start at 10 USD an hour
>>
>>18577543
They still fill up the tank in certain states and in certain gas stations. There's one here in Palo Alto that has a designated pump where a guy will fill your tank.
>>
I used to work at QuikTrip. Here's what I can tell you (don't know if this applies to ALL gas stations)
>Pay is good, fuckloads of bonuses. Work a decent amount of hours and you'll be rolling in money.
>Shitloads of free food.
>Most of the people you work with are bros.
>If you're not a manager, you will never be scheduled to work after 11 PM or before 5 AM. Sometimes, things happen and you may need to stay an hour or two late, but these are accidents.
>Job itself sucks, especially if you work in the kitchen.
>Most customers are dickheads and will insult you or yell at you for stupid reasons.
>You have to work really hard and really fast in order to keep the store clean and good looking. The higher-ups have VERY high standards for cleanliness.
>Bathrooms can sometimes get disgusting; I once had to clean a massive puddle of vomit off the floor.
>You do not get breaks, but you are allowed to take 10 minutes off here to eat, or 2 minutes off there for a cigarette, etc.
>No chairs in the entire building, you will be on your feet the entire shift.

Overall, I didn't enjoy it, and I'm glad I don't work there anymore, but if you're in need of money, it's a good place to work.
>>
>>18577327
Used to work overnight at a location just off an interstate. It was a weird mix of boring but insanely stressful, working alone didn't help that.
The best and worst parts were the people, met some genuinely interesting folks but that gets drowned out by all the entitled fuckheads.
Still better than the UPS warehouse and teleperformance.
>>
>>18577327
It's better than being a neet loser. Apply
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.