[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paying mom rent. >23 years old >live with mom and little

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: makeamericagreatagain.png (26KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
makeamericagreatagain.png
26KB, 1024x1024px
Paying mom rent.

>23 years old
>live with mom and little brother, 12
>hard time finding job
>living rent free for a year
>help out with chores
>help out A TON with little brother
>mom gives me $3k to buy a car
>finally get a job a week after car in a retail store
>mom has license suspended
>i drive her around without question since she bought the car
>any random walmart trip or to a restaurant an hour away
>she brings in about 2k a month
>rent is 1k a month
>i ask her for $ for her half of phone bill just now
>comes down on me
>says i have to pay the entire $200 insurance (first timer, New Jersey)
>i have to pay her half of phone bill, total $120
>says this month i need to start paying rent
>im still earning minimum wage and got my first check 2 weeks ago
>hours fluctuate and i'm part time so i can guarantee anything

am i ok to be upset about this?
>>
Idk man do you think she's trying to turn the heat up so that you move out?
>>
1. Yeah be upset about it. sucks.

2. Get another job. ASAP. Do night shifts somewhere. Doesn't matter. Get cash coming in.

3. Pay the damn rent.

4. Pay off the car.

5. Drive e l s e w h e r e.

6. Get a job there.

I don't care how old you are. SHE isn't your responsibility. You are.

>>
>>18577196
If you pay the bills you set the budget.

>says i have to pay the entire $200 insurance (first timer, New Jersey)

And you bill her for the gas you use driving her around.

>i have to pay her half of phone bill, total $120

time to drop to a cheaper month to month plan or drop the fancy ass smartphone all together

>says this month i need to start paying rent

You are now the lord the thermostat and light switch. Keep the place 82 in the summer and 62 in the winter since you are paying for it.

>mom has license suspended

This is the biggest issue. I suspect drug/alcohol problems. Do what>>18577205 suggests and stash cash to get out.
>>
>>18577211

Also this, big time.
Your share of rent / total rent = your vote value. If that's 50%, you're half-owner of the house and get to set rules accordingly, but set the goal to getting out of there.

You're probably suffering more from being there than you think, and if not that's worse. Be an adult.
>>
glad Im rich. working sucks. sorry man.
>>
>>18577199
im sure she isn't "forcing me out" in a way. like i said, i help out a ton with my little brother. when i was unemployed. i got him ready for school, dropped off, picked up and helped with homework every night no excuses. i was present at shit like parent teacher and extra curricular things.

>>18577205
gonna have to suck it up desu ur right

>>18577211
i could definetaly shop around for a cheaper phone plan as the first solution. mom ruined her credit, as to why its under my name.

i feel like if i bill her for gas, she will bill me for food. and to be fair she paid for the first months use of gas since i was unemployed, but since i've definetaly put in more gas and drive her around on my off days. like part of me feels guilty like i owe her since its thanks to her i have a job. but at the same time i feel overwhelmed with money. no im not upset that i wont go to concerts or whatever. like i literally just got hired, and my bank account will be basically 0 after this wave of bills. in my mind, i was gonna suggest tomorrow if i could pay half the insurance, and 100 towards rent. she just hit me with basically 500 a month.

also its not DUI. she had a history of unpaid parking tickets that ultimately resulted in her getting stopped while driving without license, car towed, license suspd. indef., and is just now crawling out of that hole herself.
>>
Play the lottery. Won my state's lottery once and haven't worked for 10 years and counting. Expecting to have at least 20million left ovrr after I die to give out to charities.
>>
>>18577196
how much rent does she want? you can probably rent a room in an apartment with a private room/bath for $500 wherever you are.
>>
>>18577253
bullshit. Pics or you're talking shit
>>
>>18577273
didnt say a number. she probably wants 200
>200 rent
>200 insurance
>120 phone bill
>gas not included
>last check was 250

this so isnt gonna end well lads
>>
>>18577196
>mom gives me $3k to buy a car

You're a fucking ungrateful whiner.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.