[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today was the last straw for me, /adv/. I got in to my parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: fuckthis.gif (32KB, 239x200px) Image search: [Google]
fuckthis.gif
32KB, 239x200px
Today was the last straw for me, /adv/.

I got in to my parents car. Drove through the city and got closer to a heavy traffic light and my mind came up with the thought: why dont some car just smash into my car?

I've had the thought before... What the fuck is wrong?

I'm in a bad situation in my life, is my mind playing tricks on me because of the heavy load of my everyday life?
>>
>>18576632
Your in a bad situation and want a way out. An easy one is to die. Stop being alittle bitch and take control of your life.
>>
>>18576640
Eh. It's very hard with a physical disability man. I'm getting surgery 22nd of August and won't be able to work for a long time (6 months). Good Im starting school the 29th of August... have to walk around with crutches tho
>>
Hey.
I'm kind of a pussy for this shit, so I'm gonna be real with you: get help. Go to a therapist and tell him/her you had thoughts like these.

They're not uncommon. Everyone thinks about it time to time, and I get that you think they'll overreact, but it's real shit, and you're underreacting.
>>
>>18576832
Thank you. Do you have experience with this? Not sure what you mean by "being a pussy for this shit".
>>
>>18576852

Just wait it out my man. Hole up like a guerilla warrior and defeat that depression. It's demise will come and you will be on a better mental plane soon enough.
>>
>>18576852
Yeah that is sort of what I meant.
When I was younger I had some serious phobias about terrorists and shit (I live in New York and 9/11 happened when I was young).

It's not suicidal thoughts, but it was something I was so embarrassed about I didn't want to talk to even a therapist or my mom about it. BC it's dumb and I knew it.

A few years later I was seriously depressed and wouldn't leave my house for school because I was so afraid. Failed a year of school and got held back.

Stuff like that and what you're experiencing pass for some people, but for others they get a lot worse. I think I'd be further along as a person now, more than a decade later, if I'd just gotten help earlier and admitted my embarrassing thoughts.
>>
>>18576632
I know those thoughts, I get them as well. Like "if that truck were 200m closer" or "would be nice I were to nod off now and hit that tree at 120km/h". My advice is: Talk to a therapist, and try to remove or find a way to deal with the stress that's causing you to have those thoughts.
>>
>>18576887
Thank you for the comforting words, friend.

>>18576904
That's horrible for you. Do you still have minor phobias about what happened during your childhood?

The thing with my situation is that it's coming from an obligatory surgery I need to have in both my feet because of soccer and snowboarding. It's going to span out during 6 months. 2 months for recovery on each foot. And there might be a 1 month break during the surgeries.

That's really whats keeping my head down at the moment. Nobody wants to hire someone on crutches - and back to the school thing it's pissing me off because I feel ready to go back to school.

>>18576918
>"if that truck were 200m closer" or "would be nice I were to nod off now and hit that tree at 120km/h"
Exactly this.

I might see a therapist... Once I get hold of some coin. I'm totally broke atm.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.