[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend doesn't like it when I tell her she's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1499848860613.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1499848860613.gif
1MB, 320x213px
My girlfriend doesn't like it when I tell her she's beautiful or pretty, or that x asset looks great. She refuses any compliment from me and will get angry/annoyed if I insist on doing so, i just have to let it be.
She has problems trusting what people say and a couple issues from her past from the way her family treated her so she's skeptical of all things.
I'm looking for help on how I can get her to listen to me when I say she's amazing or beautiful, I want her to know that it's something I really mean from the heart.

We've been dating for about 3 months and were good friends for about half a year if that helps
>>
>>18576047

Just stop saying so

Why do you feel the need to praise her like that, especially when it makes her feel uncomfortable?

She is likely well aware that you think she's attractive.

Her reaction likely stems from extremely low self esteem / self disdain, meaning she is probably not going to be long-term material if you're a healthy and secure man.

My 2 cents: stop complimenting her verbally, be more physical in your appreciation, also keep an extra sensitive eye out for red flags.
>>
>>18576047
Try a more indirect approach. Flowers are usually a good idea.
>>
>>18576047

If you're constantly showering her with compliments then take a step back and show your affection through meaningful actions.
If you insist on being romantic buy her a small and interesting gift instead (definitely not flowers).
>>
>>18576103
This. Actions are far better than words. Words are meaningless, anyone can say you're pretty or nice ass. When you SHOW you think she's the best shit on earth then she'll really know it.
>>
>>18576047
Maybe she knows those things and finds it annoying that you're repeating stuff she knows.
>>
>>18576072
Thanks for the reply
>keep an extra sensitive eye out for red flags.

What would this classify as? Red flags in behavior ?

>>18576163
>>18576167
I kiss her a lot and she sometimes tells me to stop, i say 'do you like it?' and she says yes. I guess I'm doing something right there.

>>18576172
It's mainly me thinking she has low self confidence and esteem , like the other anon said.
>>
File: original.jpg (77KB, 538x810px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
77KB, 538x810px
>>18576072
>meaning she is probably not going to be long-term material if you're a healthy and secure man.

>tfw you're the same way
>tfw you'll never find a man
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.