[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My boss is making me scrape sensitive information from one of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: CDiblbh.jpg (104KB, 1197x960px) Image search: [Google]
CDiblbh.jpg
104KB, 1197x960px
My boss is making me scrape sensitive information from one of our competitors. This could get me sued as they've sued people in the past. Any tips on getting him in trouble without landing myself in the shit as well? I'm thinking of changing the bot's user agent (browser ID string) to "<Boss's Name> is scraping your site. Send C&D to <Company address>" That way it appears in their logs. Not sure how to get them to check those logs though. I don't have an inside contact. I'm going to lawyer up as well. I'm fairly sure that I'm protected by law if I refuse to do this, but want a lawyer in my corner before telling my boss that I'm not going to do it. I've started sending my resume out as well.

Any advice? If I tell him no, he'll fire me. If I agree and do this I might get sued into bankruptcy. Either way, I stand to lose a lot and would rather my kids not go hungry or be living on the streets.
>>
What kind of company has sensitive information available on their website?
>>
>>18575870

It's not supposed to be publicly available, but apparently if you know where to look you can find it without needing a login. He figured that part out, now he wants me to pull everything I can before they discover us. I've told him I'm not okay with doing it and his response was, "If you like your job you'll do it." I've been trying to find contact info for someone in the company that I can report the issue to, but their corporate numbers are hidden for some reason. Customer service is outsourced and had less information than I did.
>>
Record him secretly threatening you with firing if you don't do illegal stuff.
>>
>>18575853
>What are you talking about? The job market is a free market!
>There's no conspiracy to force people into shitty jobs!
>If people don't like their job they can get another one, and its their own fault if they don't constantly keep their options open
>No manager would ever threaten an employee with homelessness or starvation, that wouldn't be optimally efficient!
Fucking ancucks. This shit right here is why we need a universal basic income: so OP can tell his employer to go fuck himself without worrying about his children's safety.
>>
>>18575984
>thinking prices wouldn't just increase so that your universal basic income couldn't actually buy you anything more than a happy meal.
>>
>people actually fall for the basic income meme
You fouls are selling your freedom for a non-existant free lunch. You're making yourself literal slaves to the state, which can be punished as simply as by not giving you shekels buy food as soon as they scrap actual money for numbers on a screen like they currently try in europe. Why are lefties always so eigher to let themselves become slaves?

You retards know that simple workers rights are enough, like OP is showing us?
>>
Use a Non-American VPN paid with bitcoin

Use TOR when connecting to VPN

There should be no way to traced you
>>
>>18575894
if it doesn't require a login you're legally protected, just go for it and let your boss handle any heat.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.