[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many extroverted bubbly personality people who seem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1500525814849.png (509KB, 1034x573px) Image search: [Google]
1500525814849.png
509KB, 1034x573px
Why do so many extroverted bubbly personality people who seem to get along well with everyone like to refer to themselves as being introverted?
>>
>>18575655
they're idiots
>>
>>18575655
Hey OP, one of the people you described its because we never establish a solid connection with them and so most of our relationships are really shallow, so we tend to retreat into ourselves ashamed to admit we are really lonely
>>
>>18575760
+1 I intermingle extremely well but can never maintain a strong relationship.
>>
Probably because they want to seem cool. Many people confuse "introvert" for "deep".
>>
>>18575655
Because for whatever reason acting like you'll never get a girlfriend/boyfriend and having social anxiety has become trendy on social media
>>
>>18575655
see >>18575876

For some reason, being introverted just makes you a more intelligent, "deep" person. According to society.
>>
Because nobody wants the 'us' that is dark, depressed and constantly fighting the truths of life in their head, dipshit. Nobody gives a fuck; it's edgy outlier bullshit that nobody has time to think about.

We learned that people like to laugh and have fun and strangely enough, we find it cathartic to be able to just laugh and relax too, without thinking of everything that compresses in on us every day.

Nobody wants 'us' as we are when we're alone. We give them what they do want, and we get that acceptance and company we crave in our solitude, even if it's just temporary and it's a bit conditional.

I know I'm not going to complain. I was lonely and miserable in school, graduating gave me the wherewithal to not be a lonely dipshit all the bloody time.
>>
>>18575760
>>18575876
So you just don't actually know what it means to be introverted? It has nothing to do with forming relationships or how you feel after you prove how outgoing your personality is.
Introverted means shy, it means you are likely to overthink a social interaction instead of just engaging in it.
>>
>>18575888
this. you're a fag op
>>
>>18575997

Intro/extroversion largely refer to social habits, and introverts tend to spend energy socializing while extroverts thrive off of socializing. This is why introverts tend to be quicker to stay in at home, and why extroverts are usually easy to bring into just about anything.
>>
You can get along with everyone while still being inside your head most of the time.
I grt along with most peoople by not letting them be an actual part of my life but acting nice towards them.
I know what people like to hear.

It's easier if people like you, it gets you favours and keeps you higher on the social ladder.

Especially when it comes to strange taste in music or whatever, they'll try to understand you instead of making fun of you for example
>>
File: 1472495114731.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1472495114731.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
you can be introverted and still be bubbly around people, why do people still think being introverted is the same as being socially awkward?
>>
>>18576054
This is so true. I'm a closet extrovert. Sometimes its hard for me to make the effort to get out and make new friends because I overthink social interaction but being around people is what keeps me going.
>>
File: hancholo.png (89KB, 260x239px) Image search: [Google]
hancholo.png
89KB, 260x239px
>>18575655
You need to watch out for run-on sentences.
>>
>>18576062
Thank you. OP is a moron.
>>
I'm the opposite, I'm somewhat reserved but I'm definitely an extrovert. I have to bounce ideas off other people and I feel drained when I spend too much time alone. I'm not the bubbly extrovert stereotype but I'm certainly not an introvert.
>>
>>18575655
I honestly think that people like that are trying to be cute.

Just like any trendy psychological diagnosis.
>social anxiety because shy
>OCD because *insert tiny quirk i do sometimes*
>bipolar because throws small temper tantrum when stressed out
>>
>>18575655
Because introverted simply means being around others exhausts you, and you have to be alone to "recharge" while extroverts are the complete opposite. Social awkwardness or shyness has nothing to do with it.
Its also a spectrum, most people are a bit of both.
>>
People can be charming and socially competent while still being introverted. My husband is like that. He's witty, funny, kind, and isn't an asshole when he's upset or tired.

But he still gets exhausted by social events and has to come home to recharge. He might be good at being social but he hates talking to strangers, can only handle talking to people he's acquaintances with for a little while, hates anything with crowds and has to prep himself mentally beforehand, and does not like to go new places.

He's definitely an introvert. He knows how to be social, but it tires him out. Him being competent socially does not make him an extrovert. He's just not a jerk if he doesn't want to talk to someone.
>>
>>18575760
That is a symptom of being extroverts. Extroverts have many many shallow friendships. Introverts have very few, but very strong friendships.
>>
>>18575884
Introverts are on average more intelligent.
>>
>>18576062
This.
>>
no such thing as extroverted/introverted, people just love labels because it makes them feel like they're part of an exclusive club
>>
>>18576101
I feel you man
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.