[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I go to art galleries and record collector stores I meat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: qSrsKOa.jpg (315KB, 1181x1775px) Image search: [Google]
qSrsKOa.jpg
315KB, 1181x1775px
When I go to art galleries and record collector stores I meat these really interesting people who are really into art and appreciating music.

In the rest of my life these people don't even seem to exist. You go into a record store meet a bunch of dudes really into all kinds of music like funk, jazz, hip hop, classic rock.

Go to art galleries and meet people who are really into cubism and all kinds of funky art.

I leave and they don't exist anymore.

Where do I find these people into normal everyday settings?
They seem to cease to exist in work places, schools and universities.
>>
>>18575457
The fact of the matter is that highly creative people are extremely rare. Being creative is also a very difficult way of life. The net result is you're unlikely to meet creative people in day to day life, and if you do, you may or may not recognize them.
They're also terribly frustrating to deal with so some of them might filter what they say and do when outside of the environments you have described.
>>
Those people don't exist.
>>
Creative people and people interested in art and music are as diverse as most of the rest og society. We're everywhere, and into all sorts of other activities, and those of us who can't afford to quit our day jobs, work in all sorts of conventional jobs. It could be the clerk at your nearest 7/11 or the safety instructor at your local pool. You won't know until you start talking to people about art and music, and I guess it's more common to do that at record stores and art galleries, but that doesn't mean they're not to be found elsewhere.
>>
File: tumblr_nuyjkv58YD1tf8vylo1_1280.png (111KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuyjkv58YD1tf8vylo1_1280.png
111KB, 1280x1280px
>>18575457
I'm one of those "creative people" you mention in your post. I've been to several art schools, hanged out with all sorts of artsy people, smoked weed with them and now, I work as full-time in-house graphic designer, but aiming for a job with an agency.

I understand your pain, because currently I'm not in art school anymore and not in touch with many of my previous friends due to moving to different town, and in my current job, I am surrounded by office drones or marketing clients only. People around me are hardly as creative and I sometimes feel as if I am defective in some way. I actually struggle with this fact every day and it gets me very depressed that it's this hard to meet other creatives and establish a friendship, since most of them are really careful and introverted.

I've tried hipster bars and such, but many people there are hacks who pretend to be creatives but most of the day, what they do is not much different from average college students who work part time non-field-related and just dick around. It's tough to find genuine creative people who are passionate about working full-time on their field.
>>
>>18575656
OP here.

I am nearly done with graphic design.
I kinda dislike the graphic design crowd a bit but it's an okay job.
>>
>>18575677
Why do you dislike the crowd? I can understand that there are some unpleasant, pretentious people in art schools, but out of those working on the field, I can say that at very least I have respect towards them.

Also, why are you done?
>>
>>18575683
Graphic design attracts people who are not very interested in being creative when you compare it to people who work as Artists or try to work as Artists.

I had this idea in my head that most graphic designers were artists who decided to do boring commercial shit to make money.

That idea was completely wrong.
One lady even said she isn't that interested in being creative and just wants to do it because it seems like a nice office job.
>>
>>18575740
>graphic designers were artists who decided to do boring commercial shit to make money

Literally a description of me. I don't know why you had such a bad experience meeting graphic designers. I can assure you that to be good at this, you must have some artistic background. It's true actually that in-house designer doesn't have to even be very driven and it's most part a comfy office job, but competitive agencies cannot afford to have as many of these disguised office drones in their ranks.
>>
>>18575457
Studying product design and I feel ya OP. I thought my fellow students would be interested in art and culture and would be real personalities but nah. I guess I just gotta try to find likeminded people without the crutch of uni until I legitimately study art myself
>>
>>18575862
Art students are mostly people who think being an artist is about taking drugs, having blue hair and saying left wing sounding stuff that they haven't really researched and just say to sound left wing and edgy.

Most of them give up on their art once they graduate or just end up doing one group show a year.

Usually the kind of group shows anyone can get into because they want 100 people or more.
>>
>>18575929
It depends on how good the school is desu. The school in my city happens to be the most prestigious in europe...
>>
>>18575457
If you can't find them anywhere but these spaces, why not just get their contact info when you meet them in these spaces, and grab a drink with them later?

You'll be introduced to their friends, make more friends of this sort, be able to spend more time with them, etc.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.