[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So as someone who's borderline socially autistic / intense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1482846159406.png (2MB, 3200x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1482846159406.png
2MB, 3200x2400px
So as someone who's borderline socially autistic / intense social anxiety how do I go about making friends? Where do I go about to meet some new people? How do I overcome this anxiety?
I'm not in education or have a job at the moment so I'm pretty much NEET and hardly have many friends. I'm in Melbourne as well if that helps much.
>>
>>18575261
>socially autistic
>>
First you have to realize that socially autistic isn't a thing and just a construct of the internet.

Second the only way to overcome your anxiety is to subject yourself to social situations. Take it easy at first and just go somewhere there are a people. You don't have to talk to anyone but be around people. Then you move onto a bigger crowd. Once your are comfortable with that then you try talking to someone.

I would recommend going to a coffeeshop or something. Not a chain like starbucks that has 500 customers every day but a quiet little mom and pop place. After you have been there and seen these same people a dozen time then start talking to one of them. Its easier than some random person you have never seen before.
>>
>>18575261
get some internet friends first
>>
>>18575286
>have to realize that socially autistic isn't a thing and just a construct of the internet.
Yeah I know, it was just the first thing that came to mind when I typed my post. But anyway thanks I'll give that a go sometime soon.
>>
Take a small dose of Mdma and go out clubbing, pick a place that has large or multiple smoking areas where you can talk to other people who are tipsy and are out to meet other people like yourself

If you don't want to take illegal drugs then have about 3/4 shots of your favourite alcohol over the span of 40mins-1hr

Dedicate a day to buy a nice set of clothes that suit your body and match well, don't forget shoes and a haircut it will make you feel more confident and develop a sense of self worth that will shine through you. If you don't know know much about fashion that's OK neither do I but if you take your time and really give yourself a few hours to try on many combinations you will find what your looking for. As for hair find a professional male barber and ask him what would like good with your head/face shape I had a shit haircut most my life until I asked a good one for his opinion.

When you get into the club or bar be happy, feel the music, have a genuine interest in everyone you see, strike up a chat simply buy smiling and asking someone how there fucking night is going??
>>
>>18575261
Don't look for friends. That's too stressful.

Look for things to do. Join a club, join a gym, take a random CC class, do volunteer work, hang out at the comic book store.

You'll be among people you already have something in common with. Chatting will come naturally. Some (Don't expect it to be all) will become friends
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.