[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>in college >suddenly making friends FUCK What do I do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

>in college
>suddenly making friends
FUCK

What do I do?

how do I maintain a new friendship? Ive had the same four friends exclusively since middle school. Now I have girls and guys chatting me up as if I wasn't that same kid I was in hs

When is it okay to add someone on social media?

how do I know when someone is a friend and not just someone being friendly?

Over the years, I've conditioned myself to believe anyone being friendly to me is just doing that to make fun of me in the long run (my situation in high school) so I've been avoiding friendships this whole time but I guess it's time for a change?

general shut in to normie advice pls
>>
>>18575254
>how do I maintain a new friendship?
hang out with them, discuss school-related topics, listen and tell stories

>When is it okay to add someone on social media?
as soon as possible, just make sure your social media profile is presentable, by which I mean, not full of anime and memes

>anyone being friendly to me is just doing that to make fun of me in the long run
I've experienced this kind of feel, since I was socially awkward in HS to a large degree where it caused me bad physical symptoms like shaky voice, shaky hands, grouching posture, looking down while walking etc. then later on in life learned to socialize better and now I wouldn't say I am that socially awkward anymore.

I think when you are out of HS, social anxiety starts to make less sense, because people in college tend to be less of an assholes than in HS.
>>
>>18575254
Just be cool. Go along with whatever they want to do but don't be afraid to voice your opinion if you think it matters enough to mention. Try and find the appeal in the group activities they do that your friend group might not. Dont be afraid to drink or go camping or something that might seem a little bit too much, just judge the company you're with and trust them if theyre trustworthy.
>>
>>18575254
>When is it okay to add someone on social media?
When you know their name and they know yours and you say words to each other.
>go to uni
>someone adds me on fb
>"eh whatever" - accept
>starts a chain reaction and one day later everyone in my class is on my fb
>>
>>18575254
>how do I maintain a new friendship
If they're not interested in the topic you're discussing, just forget it.
Not everyone gets as excited about gundams as you. Also, don't try to correct their taste or opinions.
Basically do unto others as you would have them do unto you
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.