[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I do with my life? 28 years old, almost (finally)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1500258632865m.jpg (59KB, 1024x769px) Image search: [Google]
1500258632865m.jpg
59KB, 1024x769px
What should I do with my life? 28 years old, almost (finally) finished my AA but don't know where to go from here. I took several years off and basically did 1 or 2 classes at a time while I worked full time. All the fields that pay well have very intensive programs (engineering, medical stuff, etc.) so at this point it feels like it will never end. Should I just get a bullshit bachelors (history) or actually try to do a more intensive field of study?

Tl;dr - please halp
>>
>>18575082
Depends on how motivated you are. If you are low-energy kind of person, getting good at a bullshit major to the point where you can start teaching in this field seems like a way to go. If you are high-energy, get your shit together and aim for more intensive field.
>>
>>18575101
I also think my other issue is not being able to dedicate myself full time. I worry about taking on shitloads of debt (live with my girlfriend and don't want her to have to finance my ass while I go thru school) in order to be able to focus on school 100% of the time.

Do people generally just saddle themselves with debt so they don't have to work while in school full time?
>>
>>18575115
Yup, people either get into large student loan debts or if they come from rich family, they'll be on a trust fund.

I have found that if you do neither of the above, the school faculty will never understand why are you not focused on the study, so they start giving you shit for it. Best solution is to pick some sort of e-course or part-time course where you can work and study at alternating days.
>>
>>18575082
history isn't a bullshit bachelors
>>
>>18575136
This is exactly what I was afraid of. I'm terrified of sinking myself into shitloads of debt for this. God damnit. Well thanks, anon.

>>18575143
By bullshit, I mean "no job prospects whatsoever." History would actually be my first choice, I love history. It just seems to be a fruitless endeavor. I don't want to make $12/hr for the rest of my life.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.