[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question here. I'll try to make it as short as possible.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

Serious question here. I'll try to make it as short as possible.

Combat veteran. Saw a lot of shit that I shouldn't have seen. I was in combat and took the lives of two enemies and have had a hard time dealing with taking the lives of another human being.

It's been two years since then and I've become a raging alcoholic since then. My marriage is on the rocks. I have fits of anger and the VA has done nothing but "dope me up" with medication.

I'm thinking about having myself committed because it's gotten to the point where I'm suicidal.

The local VA hospital is about 2 hours away and I wanted to know if I would have to pay out of pocket for this expense. I have a job but I'm afraid I would lose my job if I seek help.

Is there anyone out there that can give me some advice. I'm desperate. Please help me.
>>
>>18574248
Man up soldier, the war isn't over. We need you on the front lines. HOOAH
>>
Man it looks like you just need to talk to somebody. As far as it goes, there's any number of options you can do. If I were in the situation, I would find someone to talk to.
>>
Hi OP,

There's good evidence for the effectiveness of cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) for PTSD.

Psychotherapy is completely confidential, your job wouldn't have to know. Although frankly, It makes me feel sad and angry that you feel you wouldn't be supported by them.

If you feel like you're likely to kill yourself, please call 911 and let them know it's a medical emergency.
>>
OP here. I know they were the enemy but I sometimes can't come to terms with the fact that I took two human lives. It's a hard pill to swallow.
>>
>>18574279
No it's not. They were subhuman scum. You are a hero my man. Be proud.
>>
I don't have health insurance. I'm not sure if I can pay for the treatment. Will the VA cover this type of situation?
>>
>>18574287
The worst thing you can do is tell anyone about this. You will be labeled as crazy, they will revoke your rights to vote and own guns and then when the shit hits the fan for real, you'll be cucked and helplessly zoned out on SSRIs
>>
>>18574290
My wife took all of my guns out of the house. Sometimes I think she did the right thing.
>>
>>18574284
I know I did the "right thing" but I'm a father. I can't help but think that I possibly took him away from his family.

You can call me a pussy or whatever, but I'm just a normal guy who has respect for humanity. War is hell.
>>
>>18574317
>Joined in army, into a combat role, by his own accord and willingly signed a contract knowing america is involved in shitloads of wars.
>Is alcoholic because he can't deal with reality in an adult way.
>Blames it on killing people when in fact he's just justifying his own infantilism that he failed to erradicate.
>>
>>18574290
>The worst thing you can do is tell anyone about this. You will be labeled as crazy, they will revoke your rights to vote and own guns and then when the shit hits the fan for real, you'll be cucked and helplessly zoned out on SSRIs

1) Anyone with an ounce of sense and compassion isn't going to label a vet with PTSD "crazy".

2) You don't get your right to vote revoked for feeling depressed and suicidal. Your mental health and wellbeing takes precedent over owning a gun.

3) Youre not required to take medication. You can try psychotherapy first.

OP, I have no idea what you should do about insurance. I'm British so I'd just see my general practitioner and I'd be referred for help free of charge.

It's shitty that you can serve your country and yet they'll still leave you high and dry.
>>
>>18574325

Please go fuck yourself. You're a horrible human being. How many times have you fought for your country?
>>
>>18574248
Look kids, here is another manchild veteran looking for pity points for being useless in life.
>>
>>18574343
Anon, don't go ad hominem, attack the ball not the player. What I mean is, regardless of whether I fought or not (I sure as hell seen more dead people than OP) Why are my arguments wrong?
>>
>>18574330
>1) Anyone with an ounce of sense and compassion isn't going to label a vet with PTSD "crazy".

The people that run things have no compassion my boy. You are too naive. They use anything they can to take your rights away.

>OP, I have no idea what you should do about insurance. I'm British

That explains a lot. You are muslim... your wet dream is to take away guns from the brave men and women who eradicate the muslim disease

>>18574325
So much this ^

OP is a literal faggot who has allowed the media to brainwash him into accepting the guilt of being a good soldier.

Grow up OP. You should rest better knowing that you killed 2 enemy combatants.
>>
>>18574385

gr8 b8 m8 8/8
>>
>>18574385
I'm the 3 greentext anon. If OP had any balls he would be answering me with respectable arguments.

But no... he's probably too much of a pussy to handle the truth that he never grew up and likes having alcohol as an easy way out. BTW OP if you are reading this, go have yourself a drink, you fought hard for your country, you deserve it. It will probably help you as a person to have that one drink. It won't ruin you or your relationships or your health or finances or nothing. It'll all be good if you take a sip.
>>
Do you ever see the ghosts of the dead guys?
>>
>>18574248
In all honesty OP what did you expect when you joined the military
90% of the military's job boils down to shooting motherfuckers
If you didn't think you could handle killing you shouldn't have enlisted
>>
>>18574272
kek fucking cunt
>>
>>18574248
OP you will tell im a sociopath but human life is overated, don't take it too seriously. It was your job and certainly i was their job too. They might have killed you if you don't first. Relax man you have a family, stay strong for them. Those are the lives you should care about.
>>
>>18574248
If you have a job, you have insurance. Just go to therapy, and realize that it isn't going to be an overnight solution. Make sure to tell your wife that you're doing everything you can to speed it along, but that it will take some time.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.