[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it better for me to major in chemical engineering or in computer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: bc7a66533fd9407cb471cc552989b0c9.jpg (334KB, 1152x1536px) Image search: [Google]
bc7a66533fd9407cb471cc552989b0c9.jpg
334KB, 1152x1536px
I can't make the decision for which one i want to major in for many reasons. Like I noticed that a lot of chemical engineers work for oil companies which i believe are to be in decline which means that going with that degree would be a waist.
I don't mind doing either of them because I really find both of them to be very interesting fields that i would love to work in. I am highly considering computer science however because I feel like i am more secured to find a job if i do after school and a wider variety of opportunities to participate in.
>>
>>18574129
Do you like math or do you like science? It's that easy. If you like both... do you like programming? Have you done lab work? Whch one do you like most? It's that easy too
>>
Computer Science is quite undersaturated if you specialize correctly (and have a greater competence than your average code monkey)

Just don't do machine learning: everyone and their grandmother, pet chihuahua, and fifteenth cousin twice removed is doing it. It'll get saturated very quickly and while the end result is cool, it's boring as shit.

Also beware of stuff like this:
http://harmful.cat-v.org/software/ruby/rails/is-a-ghetto
Beware the Ghetto
>>
>>18574129

Study physics instead
>>
>college

Good goyim. Enjoy working at a car wash when you get out!
>>
>>18575453
What field would you advice to specialize in?
>>
>>18575453
It's rare that writing alone can make me laugh, but that blog is golden.
>>
>>18575940
what field actually interests you, that you can manage to self study and practice?
>>
Chem E is more lucrative and you don't have to live in over priced cities so your dollar goes even further.
>>
>>18574129
Computer science. Definitely definitely definitely.

ALL countries have a desperate need for people who are skilled at IT.

Chemical engineering however, is a very very small field. You have to have a sky-high GPA, several internships to get even CONSIDERED for an entry level job.

Please, for my sake, choose computer science.
>>
>>18576095
t. a 2.5 GPA chem e
>>
>>18576095
don't make the poor guy spend 40 grand on a computer science degree just to learn the same stuff he could from stack overflow and khan academy.
>>
Can anyone identify the car model in the photo please? It looks sexy af. Is it a Camaro?
>>
>>18576007
(I'm not OP btw)
AI in general but I know pretty much nothing about it, else statistics, optimisation (zero knowledge of it), or langages. Right now I am a math student, so I love maths, but I shamefully lag behind because I spend almost all my time on 2 cs projects (I will finish one soon). It's been 10+ years that I do programming, I love working on software arcitectures.
I can self study pretty much anything (with regard to material limitations), I already do with graph theory or finance for instance.
Honestly AI is the thing I'd like to work on, but I am pretty realistic on the massive concurrency that I would have to face in this field.
So what fields do you think have a great future then?
>>
With chemical engineering you might work in toxic environments. Id go for csci
>>
>>18576095
>ALL countries have a desperate need for people who are skilled at IT.

Funny, because I can't find a nice entry level IT job for the life of me.
>>
>>18576923
Right, he said SKILLED at IT, doofus.
>>
File: ghtyjr.jpg (82KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ghtyjr.jpg
82KB, 640x480px
>>18576125
73 Mustang?
>>
>>18576125
>>18576998
It's an early second generation Pontiac Firebird Formula. The headlights and bumper are a dead giveaway for a 1970's model muscle car.
>>
OP if you are already considering an engineering field, why not consider computer engineering? It utilizes more electrical engineering in the hardware portion of the endeavor whereas computer science is either straight theory or more software focused. If your school has a chemical engineering program, they probably have a computer engineering program right next to electrical engineering. Both computer engineering and electrical engineering are safe, solid bets to lay some chips down on as far as work satisfaction and financial security go, but of course that's all variable. Computer Science may land you into financial security, but personally a lack of hands on hardware work would irk me as far as career satisfication, but that's my two cents.
>>
IT and CS is undergoing changes atm which are not as noticeable in some areas. Ive been in IT for 20 years and it has slowly declined to the cloud revolution which is creating a market for titans to rule. As for development, honest rumblings seem to point toward it dying a slow death as well. Idk shit about chemical engineering but it sounds more promising imo. Good luck.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.