[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I was 18, I foolishly took on Gamestop, Amazon, and Best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: natcap.png (11KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
natcap.png
11KB, 500x333px
When I was 18, I foolishly took on Gamestop, Amazon, and Best Buy credit cards. To this day, I still do not understand what I did. All I know is that I am drowning.
I accidentally maxed them all out early on. It's been roughly four years. I've stopped purchasing things with them, but I'm still $3000ish in debt.
Each card has a monthly payment of $50. I pay on time or early. Each has about a $40 finance fee, meaning I'm only making about $30 headway a month, on all cards combined.
I'm a senior in college, bouncing between whatever part time jobs will take me, but I can't keep up. I'm running out of money.
What do I do?
>>
Declare yourself bankrupt. I'm serious.
>>
>>18573729
Don't. Bankruptcy claims that early will literally fuck you forever. Keep paying away. Dedicate everything to paying those off. Trust me when you're 30 and trying to buy a house you don't wanna a bankruptcy claim
>>
>>18573729
Who files bankruptcy over 3k? I could see over 30,000, not this. Such shitty advice.
>>
>>18573732
Where I live, bankruptcy only affects you for 7 years then it's essentially like you have a clean slate. If you're young, you have plenty of time to recover.
>>
>>18573720
When you graduate college 3K won't seem like a lot. That's NOTHING to declare bankruptcy over
>>
>>18573749
OP here. This. It's $3000. I want to pay it off. I don't want to further fuck up my life. I was just wondering if there's any programs that help with this, or if it would be wise to seek like a $3000 loan, pay off all the debts at once, then just have the loan to worry about. Would that be cheaper?
>>
>>18573767
You could try to consolidate your debt with a local credit union. It might be easier on you to pay one bill rather than 3 a month.
>>
>>18573778
How do I do that? My credit score is awful, since the cards were all maxed out and it's taken forever to get them down. And I'm not a member of a credit union.
>>
>>18573720
Just take a fucking loan out my dude. If you are graduating soon you can get a big boy job and pay it off asap
>>
>>18573729
this is dumb.

>>18573750
this matters nothing. besides you can bankrupt student loan debt anyways.

>>18573787
this means you haven't tried.

go find a local credit union. Its basically a bank owned by the account holders.

They will usually require you to open and move your checking/savings activity into one of their accounts.

Then talk with a loan officer about getting a debt consolidation loan.

Tell us, anon, even when bouncing between jobs, whats the absolute minimum you're sure you can land per week?
>>
Why don't you ask your parents to cover it for you and then pay it back to them without interests?
>>
>>18573720
>$3000
that is almost nothing dude, try being $15k in debt then talk.
>>
>>18574938
>can't bankrupt student loan debt anyways.

just like how i can't type.
>>
>>18575235
I think he meant to declare bankruptcy on the credit card debt.

That said, if he only owes 3k, that would be stupid. Simply pay off as much as you can every single month, and it should be taken care of within 6 months of graduating college (when your first student loan is due). Pay a total of 600/month for 6 months, and it'll be sorted.

Student loan debt CAN be declared on, but you need to prove that there will never be any possibility of paying it off (which typically requires proof of mental incapacitation).
>>
>>18574960
Try being in debt 400k then both of you talk not even joking
>>
File: 1499956739162.jpg (28KB, 697x319px) Image search: [Google]
1499956739162.jpg
28KB, 697x319px
I only take charges on my CC that I know I'll be able to repay next month. In fact, I mostly use a different debit card, only use CC for tickets, traveling and as a backup

What does your budget look like? How much cash goes in each month, and how much is fixed going out(living, food, etc)
>>
>>18575726
did you at least get a good degree and a job in that field?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.