[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in my senior year of HS and I have to decide between

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: B_wUZutWcAAgm_F.jpg (34KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
B_wUZutWcAAgm_F.jpg
34KB, 600x375px
I'm in my senior year of HS and I have to decide between an AP Langauge Arts or another AP Science. I already have 2 AP Sciences and this would be my 3rd. I plan to go to college under a science major and this has been the plan from freshman year. So is it better for me to have a more visible spike in the Sciences since colleges know that I will majoring in that area, or is it better to seem more balanced with the Language Arts course?
>>
Why can't you take both? Also take AP literature instead of language.
>>
You're over thinking this. You realize most colleges accept almost everyone who applies unless you are a complete retard or are applying to an Ivy league school. Take which class you think you will enjoy the most.
>>
>>18573398
Sorry I didn't clarify, my sched is full of AP, those other two AP sciences are in my senior year schedule. I have already taken AP Lang last year. I might be able to take both, but it is unlikely, so I'm trying to decide which one I would take over the other.
>>
>>18573403
Ivy League is probably a bit of a longshot, but I am aiming for the most competitive schools in my state.
>>
>>18573406
3 AP sciences at the same time is going to be difficult. And I doubt it will have a huge impact, but what I heard from admissions counselors 10 years ago was that not taking a core subject like English your senior year doesn't look great. Just take 2 sciences and focus on getting 5s on the test.
>>
>>18573394
No one understands your post.

I am a teacher at high school and college level. If you want to be a science major take AP science. You should be in LIT senior near not language -- take an English honors if you can.
Prioritize the science if that's your career goal.
Also- try reaching out to your college advisor or your counselor - that is what they are there for.

Good luck kiddo.
The fact
That you think about this at all means you are on a good path!
>>
It's not the major you're thinking of choosing that matters, it's which class you want to do LESS in college

I did electrical engineering but didn't have to take any english courses like the rest of the cucks in my class because I aced the AP Lit and Lang tests
look up the courses that AP credit trasnfers for at your college of choice and see how many credit hours it is
if you have to take Chemistry I for example it may be a course where you have this stupid class every day and a shithouse lab along with it then taking AP Chem and paying $90 or whatever to never have to do that shit is the greatest feeling in the world
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.