[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 24 and never had a boyfriend because I've always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0222.jpg (217KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0222.jpg
217KB, 1500x1000px
I'm 24 and never had a boyfriend because I've always been fat and had an ugly face, but things may change as I'm losing weight and saving up for jaw/nose surgery and getting lip fillers and such things, I'm pretty excited to see the new me

But I'm wondering, once I fix my appearance, how and where do I meet guys? I have male friends and have no problem making male friends, but I don't know how to ask them out

I mean as a teenager I confessed my feelings to guys but that never went anywhere other than painful rejection and have not had feelings for guys since then so don't have anyone to confess to

Any advice is appreciated
>>
>>18573164
exist.
literary.
>>
File: 1501342264700s.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1501342264700s.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>18573164
Going to need more information.
Height, weight.
Accurate advice can't be given without a real photo of yourself, this is ultimately a fruitless endeavor.

However please remain patient, until you get to a good confidence level, where you want to be there's no point risking rejection again.

Also women don't ask men out. Women can literally find dick anywhere.
>>
>>18573199
I am currently 5'6 168lbs and going lower

Well I have never been asked out by a guy
>>
I'm willing to bet that you're not even ugly, just fat. I have yet to see a legitimately ugly woman in public.
>>
>>18573220
Where are you from?
>>
>>18573189
Obviously that strategy didn't work
>>
>>18573211
48 more pounds to go.
>>
>>18573164
Just date mexicana or blacks
They don't care if you're fat or ugly
>>
>>18573164
This reminds me of a guy who married a beautiful woman in China. When they had a kid, it came out fucking hideous. Turns out, the lady was born hideous, I mean 0.5/10 tier, but got her face fixed with tons of surgery. When the husband found out that he mixed genes with that abomination and created another abomination, he savagely beat her and abandoned them both. Can't remember if she died or not from the beating.

I guess my point here is that if you ever plan to have kids, you better tell the guy your face isn't natural. Maybe get a surrogate if you're really super ugly. Your kid isn't magically going to look like your new face. That is fraud of the highest order to let a man mate with you without him knowing how your genes are.
>>
>>18573446
Good thing I don't want kids
>>
>>18573164
>jaw/nose surgery
>nose surgery
>(((nose)))

...You should date black men.
>>
>>18573419
Exist harder.
>>
>>18574271
Where do you get this idea that all girls no matter how attractive they are can get boyfriends?
>>
>>18573419
Existing as an attractive person is different than existing as an ugly person
Become attractive first, then all you have to do is exist
Because the appreciation of beauty and the joy it brings is one of the things that make life worth living, so other people will appreciate you for being beautiful
>>
>>18574628
Because they can
Maybe not hot boyfriends, maybe not good boyfriends
But men are really, REALLY horny and they'll take what comes their way
>>
>>18573164
>Plastic surgery
I feel like you really should watch this video. It's short, and something you need to hear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD8PWcEOgN0

You can skip to 4:42 if an 8 minute video is too long for you.
>>
>>18574762
but it's a girl
for girls it's different, being pretty is an investment for them
>>
>>18573164
Post pic of body. We need more info. You don't have to show face just the parts you hate.
>>
>>18574817
No, it's not different. Average and ugly girls find relationships all the time.
>>
>>18573446
That's actually not a true story. The image was originally meant for an ad but someone took it and made up the story. It fucked up the ladys life as a model because no one wants to work with her. I think I was on vice youtube channel
>>
>>18574824
Shitty relationships
>>
>>18574830
Why are they shitty? Are ugly people inherently bad? Abusive? Evil? Cheaters? And are good-looking people inherently good? Tolerant? Loyal?
>>
>>18574835
People are always looking for better options
That's just human nature
If you're with someone ugly you'll feel like you're settling
You won't put as much effort in
You won't appreciate them very much
You might even resent them
>>
>>18574830
describe in details.
also pic of body without face. i don't know why you're so insecure about yourself as woman have no problems in finding guys
>>
>>18574858
Oh I'm not OP
>>
>>18574853
>People are always looking for better options
Not if they are genuinely happy with what they have.

>If you're with someone ugly you'll feel like you're settling
Only if looks are all that matter to you. I'm an 8/10 on an average day, and a 9.5/10 if I put in effort, and I'm married and loyal to someone who is a 7/10 on a day that she spends hours preparing. But looks only matter enough to me that I need to be able to get hard without effort. I find shared interests, loyalty, intelligence, and personality to all be more important than looks, so long as I can get hard without difficulty.
>>
>>18574858
>woman have no problems in finding guys
>OP openly says she was rejected
You dumb or something?
>>
>>18574869
>Not if they are genuinely happy with what they have.

But they'll never be
It's human nature anon
And specially with so many beautiful people around, visible everywhere, all the time, thanks to the media and social media and whatnot
People will ALWAYS want beauty
>>
>>18574869
7/10 is still attractive
So you're an attractive guy married to an attractive lady. Whoa. Unheard of
>>
>>18573164
OP could you post a pic of a dude just barely attractive enough that you would consider dating. I have a feeling that your issue is not physical.
>>
>>18574878
7/10 with hours of work. She's average.

>>18574874
I'm happy. Been married to her for 6 years, and living with her for even longer. A literal 11/10 could try making a pass at me (and has in the past), and I flat out reject them, without an ounce of regret. I'm happy with my life.

You sound superficial as hell if looks matter more than intelligence, loyalty, personality, and shared interests. I'll take my 5/10 wife who likes what I like, is smart as hell, treats me great, and was literally willing to go homeless with me, even though she had other offers extended to her, over some 12/10 bimbo that is vapid, mean, isn't interested in anything I am, and will cheat on me the first chance she gets.
>>
>>18574888
>7/10 with hours of work. She's average.

She still doesn't fit the criteria
Ugly people will never get to 7/10 even with days of work
>>
>>18574890
Note that I didn't say ugly. 5/10 is average, mate.
>>
>>18574888
>You sound superficial as hell if looks matter more than intelligence, loyalty, personality, and shared interests. I'll take my 5/10 wife who likes what I like, is smart as hell, treats me great, and was literally willing to go homeless with me, even though she had other offers extended to her, over some 12/10 bimbo that is vapid, mean, isn't interested in anything I am, and will cheat on me the first chance she gets.

Here's the thing tho
Your 5/10 wife isn't the only good woman in the universe
and the 12/10 bimbos aren't all horrible
there are people who are both beautiful AND nice
people want that
>>
>>18574888
This very much this, i honestly would rather a fat ugly loyal woman than a supermodel vapid whore. Not that i can get either of them to date me but hypothetically speaking.
>>
>>18574895
see >>18574835
we're talking ugly people here mate

with appearence there's usually like a passing grade
anything below and good fucking luck getting anything good in your life
>>
>>18574898
No you wouldn't you virtue signalling delusional fag
You would be ashamed
>>
>>18574897
Do you spend time looking for new work if you love your job? If you really like your apartment, do you spend hours every weekend looking for better apartments? If you're happy with your smart phone and carrier, do you walk into other carriers, shopping around for new phones? If you have a 4-of-a-kind in poker, do you throw it away in the attempts to get a Royal Flush?

When you're happy, you try to maintain that happiness. I mean, if you think I'm wrong, and want to go get surgery, feel free. Its your money, and you get to live with the consequences. I just don't think you're gonna find a pot of gold at the end of that rainbow.
>>
>>18574905
Ugly people are not inherently bad people.
>>
>>18574914

The important thing here is that tons of hot people are single because their incorrigible personalities make them barely-passable one-night-stands.
>>
>>18574916
Plastic surgery isn't going to change that. If anything, it will just make it worse.
>>
>>18574914
>Do you spend time looking for new work if you love your job?

You don't have to look
To compare it to people, it would be more like getting new job offers everyday without actively searching for it
Yeah you might love your job, but there are other lovable jobs with even better pay out there. You'll fancy these jobs
>>
>>18574920
No, I won't. I make 46.50 an hour at a power plant, and spend more than 99% of the time shitposting on 4chan while Netflix plays on the TV (I'm paid for what I know how to do when shit goes wrong). Even if someone offered me double my salary, I wouldn't go for it, because I KNOW I love this job. I don't KNOW that I'll love the next one.

Just like I don't have to look for new partners. Women come on to me, not the other way around. And, no matter who they are, or what they are offering, it's a huge unknown in comparison to what I already know and love. There's no reason for me to throw away what I love on a gamble.
>>
>>18574919

That's the point. You can't fix stupid.

The problem is everyone seems to believe they're owed tolerance but they never seem to offer it. It's a mindset, not an action.

But a lot of things are a mindset... not the least of which is being ugly-- it's just that people aren't ever willing to do the hard work, and they expect a Twilight-level romance. A year of investment or months before you say 'We're dating!' is so unfathomable nowadays, and yet everyone's hung up on getting these meaningful connections... but with no meaningful effort on their part.
>>
>>18574915
They're not
But they're not as valuable as non-ugly people

It's like looks are a multiplier
If you're like a 6 you get a 1.1 multiplier
if you're a 4 you get a 0.7 multiplier
if you're a 9 you get a 2 multiplier
say 3 people are all equally good at things, like a 7 good, but because of their appearence, the 4/10 only gets a 4.9 of recognition for said thing
the 6/10 gets a 7.7 of recognition
and the 9/10 gets a 14 of recognition

you'll have to be REALLY good as at a great many things as a 4/10 for people to value as much as they would value someone who is simply more attractive but less good
>>
>>18574925
Sounds like OP, although I'm not certain why you responded to me in that instance, as we seem to be on the same page.
>>
>>18574897
His 5/10 wife may not be the best person but maybe to him she is. I once meet a 3.5/10 girl in high school 20lbs overweight, acne, short and stuby, just generally speaking not sexy or cute but to me she was perfect her and i clicked on every personal level. So much so i got afraid and never asked her out even though i know she would have said yes. I didnt ask her to prom and she went with a guy who was worse looking than me and a total jerk. Her first boyfriend was practically the chinese ripoff of me. But i never asked her out, that is deffinetly my biggest regret in life. It eats at me every day like a nervous tick that wont go away. Please dont let looks get in the way of love man its not fun, i wish i had asked her out even if she rejected me at least there would be closure but i didnt
>>
>>18574928

Yup, das' why, we seem to be agreeing and OP is convinced from the get-go that a magical solution that isn't hard work and determination will just magically exist for her. I would attribute this to females, but honestly, it's pretty much just a modern-day thing, it seems.
>>
>>18574924
You're an unusual person then
Most people will not meet someone like you
>>
>>18574927
Listen, you obviously put a different value on looks than I do. I imagine this is because you've never actually dated a good looking person. I have. There's a saying that is 100% true, in my opinion. "For every beautiful women, there is a man next to her that is sick of her shit."

>>18574934
I don't deny that. But plastic surgery isn't going to make the few people like that suddenly flock to you, and those are, in my opinion, the people you want, no?
>>
>>18574910
Shane is a choice you make not something cast upon you. Do you think a joke can be objectively offensive or do you think one must choose to be offended. The same is true for shame i just choose not to carry that burden.
>>
>>18574932
I would agree. Honor and nobility (which is what I strive for) are rarer than gold. That said, people who act this way tend to be the ones worth your time (whether we are speaking of friendships or romance).
>>
>>18574939
>But plastic surgery isn't going to make the few people like that suddenly flock to you, and those are, in my opinion, the people you want, no?

I'm not OP, I don't think OP is still in the thread
But plastic surgery is going to make more people interested in her. More options is good, it'll give her better chances of finding someone
Finding a good relationship is hard enough as it is, why make it harder on yourself by limiting your options?
>>
>>18574943
It'll make more superficial people interested in her. When you're looking for a needle in a haystack, throwing another needle and another haystack on top of the pile isn't going to make finding a needle any easier.
>>
>>18574939
Most people probably haven't dated a good looking person
Therefore most people probably think like that, then
Which just furthers the point that most people will resent their ugly partners and won't put effort into their relationships, thus will get bad relationships
>>
>>18574948
Yeah. God forbid they take the people who HAVE been in those relationships, and aren't looking for them anymore, at their word.
>>
I like fat girls, so do a lot of other men.
>>
>>18574945
But even non-superficial people like beauty
I doubt before you met your wife you were actively looking for ugly girls hoping to make a connection
Looks get your foot in the door when it comes to picking people's interest
>>
>>18574954
Why would people place more value on your experiences and your word than on their own feelings and perceptions? You're not more important than them to them, anon
>>
>>18574956
>But even non-superficial people like beauty
Beauty is a lot more than looks. Some of the ugliest people I've ever met look gorgeous.

>I doubt before you met your wife you were actively looking for ugly girls hoping to make a connection
I discarded the idea of physical beauty beyond the bare minimum of what could arouse me without difficulty, if that's what you're asking.

>Looks get your foot in the door when it comes to picking people's interest
Up to a certain point. I admit that pretty girls will get a lot more first dates, if that's what you're arguing. It doesn't mean that they'll get a proposal, or an invitation to move in, any sooner, though.
>>
>>18574954
That's like a millionaire telling middle class and poor people that money isn't the greatest thing in the universe
Like, yeah it isn't. But they won't believe you.
>>
>>18574962
I assume their end goal is happiness, rather than to taste "forbidden fruit," simply to satisfy curiosity. But hey, if even one person takes what I'm saying in a positive direction, I feel like I've succeeded.
>>
>>18574942

I think the crucial thing here is that there's this expectation of guarantee, but somebody like myself asks, "What happens when it doesn't work?" Like the dysphoria-- is putting a penis on/taking a penis off really all there is to that? Can you really replicate gender with some pills? Is it so simple?

This quote is about Shadowrun, which is just 'What if jews and technology,' but it's a quote that I think encapsulates this mentality rather well: "If there was one Dark Lord controlling everything and we could drive a magic sword through his heart to free the world, that would be grand. Such clarity! Such focus! Alas."

Problems are usually composites. They aren't solitary things you can just zap away.

Imagine, OP gets plastic surgery and every time they look in the mirror, all they can think of is the lie they're telling everyone. How it's a mask they paid to put atop the real them, and how it's a complete mockery because people are falling for it, not for them.

But a lot of people on /adv/ come with a solution in mind. What they want is a group confirmation to allow them to feel more strongly justified to do it, because they usually inherently recognize that hard work and commitment are required for almost everything in this world.

I try not to get too involved with them as there's usually some fellow in the thread far more pliable to discussion and that might just be where the real woke word is at, when two people discuss it without a term or a stake involved. For us, there's really no difference if OP gets surgery... so we can address the point with a matter of objectivity. (This is, ofc, assuming OP is even here)

Besides, I quit 4chan and came back recently. This kinda shit is what I missed-- random people sparking conversations.

I'll attach a Mercy desktop to this post because it seems right to give something back for everyone reading my TL;DRs.
>>
>>18574965
>Beauty is a lot more than looks.

But we're talking looks. Remember, this thread is about plastic surgery

>I discarded the idea of physical beauty beyond the bare minimum of what could arouse me without difficulty, if that's what you're asking.
See, there IS a bare minimum. You can't be ugly. Investing in beauty pays up.
>>
>>18574968
No, it's like a millionaire stepping down from his job, and giving away his entire fortune, to go and work at a car shop, telling you that money isn't the most important thing in the world. Just because I've dated gorgeous-looking women in the past does not mean that I have a gorgeous-looking woman now.
>>
>>18574970
Their end goal is happiness but what's happiness anyway? They won't know what makes them happy until they get to try it
Until then they can only wonder
And their wandering wondering minds will tell them they would be happier with a hotter partner, they are settling
>>
>>18574978
I never argued that there wasn't a bare minimum. I've also never met a single person who put in the effort to take care of themselves who didn't meet that bare minimum, shy of burn victims and the like (at which point, I find plastic surgery completely acceptable, as they are simply looking to restore what they had).

>>18574984
If someone doesn't believe that happiness is more than looks, then they should just invest in a real doll.
>>
>>18574979
But even then, the millionaire was a millionaire at some point and to the poor people experiencing that will matter a lot. Until they get to see first hand what it is like they won't believe you're wise, they'll just think you're an idiot who downgraded, and it'll be different for them
>>
>>18574987
It's not that happines is JUST looks, happines is x,y, z AND looks. People want it all.
>>
>>18574988
I don't accept that the whole of humanity is like that, no. The millionaire who tells people that it wasn't worth the 16 hour work days, the stress that kind of work brings, and the stress that he faces at home due to said long days, I feel that there are people who have never experienced it who will understand what he's talking about. So no, I flat out reject your assertion.
>>
>>18574987
How is plastic surgery not just another part of putting in the effort? Some people unfortunately have recessed faces and huge beak noses, lucky in this day and age they can fix it and not just suffer for it
>>
>>18574992
If you're truly happy and content, you won't be looking elsewhere. It would be a waste of time to do so if you know you aren't willing to gamble on someone else, no matter what the appear to offer.
>>
>>18574997
It's putting in the effort to tell a lie, and an unnecessary one at that.
>>
>>18574994
Not the whole of humanity but 90% of it maybe? We already established that you're unusual. And honestly, if you don't want to be alone you shouldn't hope to find someone in just the 10% of humans who are not like that, everyone else is looking in there too
>>
>>18574998
They won't know what truly happy and content is until they TRY IT
>>
>>18575001
I don't believe that even 90% of it. I believe only the most vapid, superficial individuals wouldn't take his words and actions at face value. I would say less than 10%.

But even IF it is 90%, then that's the 90% you want to avoid, because, news flash, women age. There will always be beautiful, barely-legal girls, and women will not be able to compete with them indefinitely.
>>
>>18574999
It's not unnecessary
If it was an unnecessary lie people's lives wouldn't improve after telling it
>>
>>18575004
I haven't tried every single pretty woman that's made a pass on me. I haven't been a CEO of a company, raking in millions of dollars. I can still say that I'm not interested in the job or the woman.
>>
>>18575012
You're a snowflake buddy
>>
>>18575013
Burden of proof is on you.
>>
>>18575014
A special, beautiful, wise snowflake who is better than everyone
>>
>>18575021
Once again, burden of proof is on the claimant.
>>
>>18575024
You're the next stage of our species
Clearly with your superior knowledge of human behavior
>>
>>18575027
I never claimed to be an expert of human behavior. I just have my own beliefs, and reject your assertions, as they have been made without corroborating evidence.
>>
>>18575031
Your own beliefs only apply to your specific situation which is you already agreed is unusual
Most people don't act like you

And corroborating evidence? Please this is a fucking thread on 4chan, neither of us is presenting evidence
>>
>>18575039
Where did I state that I was unusual insofar as a state of mind? If anything, I rejected that when you claimed that 90% of humanity fit into what you believed.

I presented evidence: myself. Anecdotal evidence is still evidence, and can only be overridden with statistical evidence.
>>
>>18575057
>Where did I state that I was unusual insofar as a state of mind?

Here >>18574939
>I don't deny that
in response to >>18574934
>You're an unusual person then
>Most people will not meet someone like you

>Anecdotal evidence is still evidence

It's also worthless
>>
>>18575071
Anecdotal evidence is not worthless. And, ok, I apparently did say that, but that was more because I didn't want to argue over it. Comparing any individual to the mass will always result in the individual coming off as unusual in one way or another.
>>
>>18575087
>Anecdotal evidence is not worthless.

Yes it is
Specially when you're a snowflake
>>
>>18575090
Not him, but there is a false presumption of unreliability around “anecdotal evidence” perhaps because the phrase has been used far too often to dismiss claims and observations that the dismissers do not want to hear, believe, argue about, or admit into discussion.

All scientific data is anecdotal evidence. There is no other way to collect scientific data except for someone (or some thing) to record it.

We have built our entire civilization upon the personal observations of hundreds of thousands of people who experimented in all sorts of little ways. It would be impossible, with our present technology and science, to NOT extend our science or enhance our civilization without anecdotal evidence.

So maybe a better question to ask is why is some anecdotal evidence acceptable to scientists while other anecdotal evidence is not. And that comes down to how the data was captured and recorded in terms of the methods of capture and recording. In other words, if the capturing and recording of the evidence can be replicated (even if it’s very hard to do so) according to precise criteria then that means that any capable researcher can apply the scientific method to studying whatever phenomena the evidence is associated with.
>>
>>18575090
If you really think that, you're not worth talking to, let alone convincing.
>>
>>18573164
>saving up for jaw/nose surgery and getting lip fillers and such things
You'll end up a whore later on in life if you take this path. You'll literally be a casual fuck for everyone. No man who wants a family wants to get a woman that has gone through surgeries to be sexier even if you were batboy tier ugly before. They'll just feel cheated.
>>
>>18573164
>mean as a teenager I confessed my feelings to guys
This isnt a fucking anime, guys dont know how to process that information. At any point in your life you need to ask them to do something, or lead them to ask you. You cant just tell a person you have feelings and expect them to reciprocate if they dont know you very well.
>>
>>18574628
/r9k/
>>
>>18575099
I'm not worthy of you, oh boo
>>
>>18573419
Wait, you're fat.

Then the secret is actually to exist less.
>>
>>18573164
A good lazy option is online dating. You'll have to filter out the desperate losers, but you'll get plenty of good options to choose from.

Don't blow your wad early though. Lose *all* that weight before you start dating. Do it for yourself, though, don't do it for the guys. Otherwise you'll just gain it again once you get a BF.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.