[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm obsessed with being right. I constantly start shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: durandal.jpg (1016KB, 2000x1887px) Image search: [Google]
durandal.jpg
1016KB, 2000x1887px
I'm obsessed with being right.

I constantly start shit with friends and family just to be right about things. I'll destroy someone I care about just so they know I'm right and they're wrong. This is something I've done for many years now and only just realizing it. What can I do about this?

Is it simply a matter of reflection and observation, to catch myself doing it and step back and remind myself I'm hurting people?
>>
>>18573086
Honestly? Kill yourself.
>>
>>18573086
It's a matter of you having having a deep need to be self validating that goes so deep that you are willing to risk relations for it. Find out why you need to be right all the time, do just try to cut the symptoms away.
>>
>>18573086
You have to decide if it's more important to you to be right, or to keep people in your life.

Let's say you start an argument. You win. Congratulations! Your prize? Resentment. Loneliness. If being right is worth that price, then you don't need to change your behaviors.
>>
>>18573086
I was similar when I was younger, but then I realized a lot of things.
1) You're actually probably wrong some of the time.
2) You might be technically right, but still practically wrong. For instance, the truth doesn't matter, only the perception of it.
3) It really just does not matter at all. Arguing with people RARELY actually changes their stance on anything, so it's mostly just wasted energy.

I think the first step is to take a step back and admit that you don't know everything, to accept ignorance and uncertainty as part of life. I think deep down, the raging against things you see as wrong is a futile attempt at forcing uncertainty out of your mind, but it's a part of you.
>>
>>18573086
Why waste time trying to improve yourself when you can't? Just kill yourself.
>>
Most likely, during child-hood you were made to be wrong. Perhaps you have a sibling who you rivaled with and you parents always took their side. Or perhaps during school, when you were young, a teacher made you feel retarded so now you have to always be right.

Knowing you do it isn't enough, you first have to understand what caused you to behave this way and then laugh at how retarded it is.
>>
>>18573982
This.
>>
>>18573086
>being right
This is subjective in most cases, plus, what if you're actually wrong? If you feel like you're so right that you need to prove it to other people this much you have a serious problem with your self perception.
Maybe try to remember that it makes you look like a retarded cunt if you're actually wrong. And if you're really right, it still makes you look like a cunt, only this time people will be filled with a different kind of resentment, mostly because you agressively ruined their opinion.
>>
>>18573973
>3

This has some merit to it. When you argue with someone you are attacking them. You're making them feel stupid by making them wrong. Not only does it result in them hunkering down and out right denying facts because they don't want to be wrong. It also creates resentment between each other because whoever loses is going to feel stupid. So it turns into an all out war to be right and often devolves into ad hominems and other petty shit.

Expanding on what I said here >>18573982, when you were made to feel stupid and wrong at an early age you made a promise to yourself that you wouldn't let that happen again. It's a self-defense mechanism that has been integrated into your ego.
>>
>>18573086
have no shit to say but props 4 the marathon pic, pretty underrated game.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.